I am 25 years old and will be going to be having my Tonsils and Adenoids removed on Friday. I am really freaked out with all the comments and stories I have read online.

Any helpful advice would be much appreciated! 

The first thing to think about is what you read on line is written mostly by people who have had a BAD experience.

I had mine out when I was 10 which was a loooong time ago. The worst memory I have about it was the anesthesia they used which was ether. It felt like I was being smothered with something that was burning my throat and lungs. Then when I came to it was like the worst hangover you can imagine. That was not pleasant for a 10 year old who was not used to getting drunk. The actual results of the operation were nothing compared to that. But they don't use that stuff any more.

Your throat will be sore for a while because that's where the cuts are and swallowing won't be pleasant until it heals. I am pretty sure they have much better methods now than back then.

They did most of us on the first day of school vacation in April and we were all back in class a week later. I ate a lot of ice cream and drank a lot of juice for the first few days then slowly started on normal food. I don't remember any horrible problems but I was upset about the adenoids because I had just started learning to play trumpet and after the operation I couldn't stop the air from escaping out my nose when I tried to blow. Obviously that resolved itself because I was in the school band that Fall.

Hey. This procedure is waiting for me as well, in a couple of days. My doctor told me seven or eight days. When I told this to my friends, all of them told me that I should expect a hell once my tonsils and adenoids are removed and now I am really scared. All of them told me that I won't be able to do anything while I am in pain and that this pain will last for a long time. They told me that I won't be able to eat, sleep, nothing. Now, I am thinking about to cancel my surgery and I don't know how to do that.