...and it is quite unpleasant, to say the least. I'm having difficulty drinking even ice-water, although I force myself to do so and do the pinch-test for dehydration several times a day to make sure I'm not going to shrivel up. It's been 4 days and the pain hasn't subsided much, and there is a stench and bad taste beginning to accompany the pain. They prescribed me liquid hydrocodone with acetaminophen in it but it was too painful to swallow so they prescribed me some tablet darvocet, which is helping a little. The scabs have some jagged edges and smell bad, but I don't think they're close to coming off yet. I am completely unable to eat or speak due to the pain. My mouth is also producing insanely excessive amounts of saliva which forces me to spit into a kleenex or cup every 2-3 minutes. What I would like to know is, when is this going to get better? I'm beginning to wish they'd just kept me under anesthesia and on an IV until I was completely healed. :'(

Yes, as older you are, the recovery process is going much slower, right? I was reading about this and once my doctor told me about this. I also had really hard time during the recovery, but the worst thing was this metal taste because I was feeling it for more than 2 months. My doctor told me that this is normal when tonsils and adenoids are removed, but I just can't describe how annoying this was to me. In my case, the pain was away after 11 days, but this ugly taste remains. I was consulting with my doctor about everything. On the other hand, my good friend was able to eat after just 7 days.