Help! I had my tonsils removed 50 years ago. Last week I lost my voice for 3 days...then went hoarse. It looks like I have clear tapioca pudding where my right tonsil used to be. I have been totally healthy until this happened. 4 days after the hoarseness started, I discovered the mass and used a flashlight and mirror to look at the area. It isn't thrush and I have no mucus discharge from anywhere. Went to the doc and he said it is probably fast growing tissue mass. I can't find anything online. Any ideas?

Hey, you sound like me. I can't find anything on it either. I have had my tonsils out and my adenoids out twice. Now I have swollen tissue on my left side and my throat looks weird. Have you found out anything?

I had my tonsils and adenoids out about 10 years ago and this year had to have my adenoids out again. I am experiencing the same thing. Hoarseness, mass on my left side where my tonsil was, and even the clear tapioca stuff. What the heck is going on? I can't get any answers from my ENT. I am convinced she still has not spotted what I am talking about. Have either of you heard anything?

I have just returned from seeing my GP who is an ENT specialist as I have developed the same symptoms as above after a lengthy throat infection -antibiotics didn't help that much. I also have had my tonsils and adenoids removed....some 40 years ago. The GP told me that the mass should subside in a month and but I am to return to him then. He mentioned these words to me 'pharyngeal lymphoid tissue.' Was pleased when he told me that there was nothing sinister there. Hope this helps.

I think I may have the same issue, except on the right side instead of the left. I had my tonsils removed 12 years ago, lately I noticed a small mass thing exactly where my right tonsil used to be. I haven't been experiencing hoarseness or anything else though.