What can you tell me about the Sjogren syndrome and the eye problems involved in it? I have been told that I might have it but I will not know for sure until I see a doctor which will happen in couple of days. My eyes are dry and it looks like this happens to my mouth too sometimes.

Well, the easiest way to deal with this problem is via products that will compensate for the lack of eye moisturizers. And there are some other conditions too that might cause this problem so you cannot be sure if it is Sjogren or something else. As for the cause, it is still unknown although the doctors mention the possibility of the several factors creating one condition. Whatever the cause, the treatment consists of medications and taking a lot of fluids.

Callida - There are otc products for moisturizing the eye that can be helpful for mild conditions. Others require heftier prescription products. Still others may eventually require punctal plugs. All these can be used for Sjogren's as well as other conditions that cause the same symptoms. This includes medication side effects. However, I encourage you to be checked by a rheumatologist to be sure it is Sjogren's you are dealing with, as appropriate diagnosis is key to getting good autoimmune treatment which may be very helpful for you. Treating the symptoms alone is really not the best way to go.