Recently I was diagnosed with primary sjogren's syndrome and would appreciate if someone try to explain me what does that means and how come I just got prescribed some eye drops along with occasional NSAIDs use and how would it actually help me out with this primary sjogren's syndrome I have and what could have caused it anyway. Thanks much!

It is more likely your sjogren's syndrome symptoms are dry eyes related so far since you have been prescribed only eye drops and for you are also prescribed some NSAIDs it is more likely you have developed some mild joint pain and this would help you dealing with its inflammation common in patients with sjogren's syndrome though I don't think you are likely to develop some serious joint inflammation since you have been diagnosed with primary sjogren syndrome and that means there is no underlying condition causing you this problems so basically you have developed autoimmune system disorder that by itself –meaning it was not triggered by some other conditions and that is why you were diagnosed with primary sjogren's syndrome. So there are many other factors that could have caused you primary sjogren's syndrome such as some bacterial infections but this condition also could be hereditary or it my be provoked by some hormonal imbalance. Anyway, no matter the exact cause it is always related to improper white blood cells functioning –so when it comes to sjogren syndrome those blood cells attack and therefore damage the glands that are about to produce moisture and causing this way dryness of the eyes, mouth and skin.