I need some info regarding sjogren's syndrome symptoms relief. I was diagnosed with sjogren's syndrome few months ago and I was prescribed some eye drops but in the meantime it is like I have developed some further complications involving dry mouth and also painful and swollen joints and am curious how am I suppose to deal with this more effectively and would appreciate much if someone tells me what are the best sjogren's syndrome symptom's relief? Thanks much!

You could try with using Evoxac –I use the same med to treat my dry mouth problems caused by sjogren's syndrome and it is very helpful in improving saliva production and as for the painful and swollen joints I think you should start using some NSAIDs along with some corticosteroids such as prednisone which would for sure reduce your joint pain and inflammation. But there are also some other self-help steps that could help you gain sjogren's syndrome symptoms relief such as taking a lot of fluids and if you suffer extreme skin dryness you may use some moisturizers and also important is to increase humidity and stop smoking. And watch out for your teeth for dental cavity is very common in sjogren's syndrome due to the lack of saliva production so dental hygiene is very important also.

Hi I am a dentist and I have patients with sjogren's and they have a tough time combating cavities and periodontal infections.
Go to your dentist and ask for a chlorhexidine mouthwash prescription, also you can use salivary substitutes in spray form. Go for your regular checkups, floss and brush regularly, get fluoride treatments every 6 months.Also ask your physician for meds which stimulate saliva production.
I hope this helps!
Also not to scare you, but about 44% of people with sjogren's syndrome have high risk for developing lymphomas. So please get your checkups with ur physician done regularly.

Does sjorgrens cause hives? I have been diagnosed with sjorgrens...and have been experiencing itchy hives on my neck, shoulders,arms and back (torso region). The hives come and go. I have to take an allergy tablet to help get relief from the itching. Sometimes I will wake up with a couple of hives around my eyes and forehead. This has been going on for two months and it is very frustrating. Appreciate any ideas for hive relief if it is a symptom of sjorgresn. Thanks!

I have had Sjogrens for years and just now gotten Uricartia. I have had hives for 5 weeks. Prednisone, Allegra and pepsid. Hoping for relief soon. I am on a salagen and stopped taking Plaqunil. I am shocked that my Dr.s tell me nothing. I never knew I could get hives. My next move will be to find a holistic approach. It seems each drug causes another symptom.