Hi! Recently I had lasik surgery. I have experience dry eyes. What can I do? Should I tell that to my surgeon?

Hi! My daughter also had a laic. She is very satisfied with results. It is common to experience dry eyes for a short period after Lasik. Most of people who have Lasik will experience dry eyes, but the important issue is to what degree and for how long. The degree of dry eye symptoms is not significant enough to cause difficulties. Even those who do have some trouble most often find the dry eye symptoms resolve within the normal six-month healing period. There are many techniques to reduce the probability of dry eyes being induced by surgery, but most are the responsibility of the doctor. The most common are preservative-free artificial tears, lubricating gel, punctal plugs, Restasis, and flax seed oil supplements. Be sure to discuss any dry eye problems with your doctor.