Hi, I need more help understanding Sjogren's syndrome specifically about dry eye symptoms. How does the syndrome affect your eyes? What does it feel like?

Responses would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

For me, before I even knew I had Sjogren's, I just knew I had problems wearing contacts. I always felt like there was sand in my eyes or they were burning, and it kept getting worse. I kept switching daily-wear brands, solutions, etc. I kept a lens case in my desk drawer with saline so I could take them out during the day since I could see my computer without, and then put them back in to drive home. I was told my eyes were somewhat dry. Finally had Lasik because I couldn't bear the contacts anymore (and if you're a female in your 20s, you don't necessarily want to have to wear glasses.)

What it feels like - for me, gritty or burning, mostly burning. Kind of like I imagine allergy eyes feel. I don't realize until I put in eyedrops (the liquid-gel ones work longer) that I can also feel the difference in terms of blinking. I don't know what it's like NOT to have dry eyes, so it's totally bearable for me. It's been almost 10 years, so i just figured having sort of red, burning eyes all the time was normal, much like I thought everyone carried water with them all the time and kept a bottle by the bed for when they wake up at night with dry mouth. Mine is moderate, not severe, so I use eyedrops probably 4-5 times over the course of the day. Some people have it worse and can get corneal abrasions, etc., which I'm sure is a whole different thing.

While I haven't "yet" been actually diagnosed with "secondary" Sjogren's, I have read all I can about the syndrome. From my own experience my eyes are of course very dry and rarely do they water. It feels like something is in them, on them, under the eye lid...gritty and painful. A feeling of constant discomfort. In the morning my eyelids feel like suction cups against the corneas. A strand of hair brushing against my eye feels like a shard of glass has scraped against it. In the beginning my eyes were red and very sore. I experienced pain behind the eyes sockets also. I have used many brands of eye drops and gone through numerous bottles over the last year and a half.
Doctors seem to advise against using Visine products as they contain unwanted chemicals. I now use "Natural Tears" which has helped alot. In addition my mouth and nasal passages are dry. I salivate less.
Recently the symptoms seemed to have subsided, so I suppose I'm in remission. I'm still using eye drops several times a day. My vision has become hazier and I developed a few more "floaters" I have made an appointment with my Optometrist to be tested for Sjogren's.
I believe that I have rheumatoid arthritis that often "goes with" SS.