For the last ten years or so I have had increasingly dry eyes, with the mucus in my sinuses being thick and sticky as well, though as far as I can tell not infected. How can I relieve the dryness internally, so that i do not constantly have to resort to using eye drops? ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hello there

Have you been discussing this problem with your ophthalmologist? A friend of mine had the same problem like you do. Since dry eyes cannot be cured he consulted with his ophthalmologist what is the best solution to treat dry eyes. He was using eye drops for years but then he got bored so he wanted to something that will resolve his problem permanently.

So first he did temporary punctal occlusion. This is done to see if permanent plugs can provide an adequate supply of tears. He passed this test so afterwards he did permanent punctal occlusion. He said that this works very well for him and that it had reduced the need for eye drops. I hope this was helpful.