When I was 18 I was given a xray with dye because of irregular periods and severe cramping and was diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus. In the same test, the doctor also found that I have a birth defect in my right fallopian tube. I have an extra peice "so to speak" that sticks out only about a half of an inch from my fallopian tube. The doctor who diagosed me said I should avoid pregnancy because with both conditions I was "guarenteed" to miscarry or never even conceive. I have never got a second opinion and tried to just accept the fact that I can't have kids even though it was my dream to have children. Me and my husband just got married and want to start a family and I plan to get a second opinion but i wanted to see if anyone else has this problem or knows anyone who does??

Hi! I'm sorry to hear that. I read thad pregnancies in a bicornuate uterus are usually considered high-risk and require extra monitoring because of association with poor reproduction potential, but you should definitely go for a second opinion. I'm sure there is a solution, but you need to see an expert. Good luck.