Hi all!

I have never really ever posted on a website, but this time, really feel I want to and also receive feedback from women who understand what a unicornuate uterus is.

The long of the short of my story is, I had an IUD, it started getting expelled, I had it removed, and started back on the pill. After a little while, I started thinking, "where is my period? am I preggers? There's no way!" Soon after that, I got my period, but passed a HUGE chunk of tissue-- what I believed to be a miscarriage. My doctor thought so, too.

But I kept feeling "off". My tummy seemed pooched. And finally I had an ultrasound. They found that my uterine lining was 1/2" thick. From there, I had a d&c and hysteroscopy. Turns out, I had a uterine polyp. The tissue I had passed earlier, was also a uterine polyp. It was all the strangest thing. But during the hysteroscopy, my new doctor (I ditched the old one who thought I had miscarried... she seemed a bit careless to me) noticed my uterus didn't seem to look normal and didn't exactly have the two horns it should have. She is thinking maybe I could have a unicornuate uterus... and urges me to get further tests done to see if my right fallopian tube is connected to my uterus or not.

What is SO STRANGE is.... I've been pregnant. I got pregnant 2 years ago and we weren't even trying. It was a successful pregnancy, I carried him to term (38 weeks) and delivered vaginally. He was not breech. Had no complications whatsoever. Big ole healthy baby boy.

I haven't read of any stories like this. Maybe he was a miracle baby. Or is it possible that my uterus is just shaped strangely, but I have two functioning tubes and ovaries?? I just cannot believe after all of the ultrasounds I've had, and even the most recent one, nobody has ever noticed anything "off" about it. These are all questions I have thought of after my doctor's visit and certainly I will ask her more when I see her in January. But just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts are? I'm just so confused.....

Thanks for reading.

I believe your baby is a miracle.

I also have a Unicornate uterus. They found this out during my 41 week c-section! A big ole 9lb baby boy! The funny thing is, my second tube actually connected to the undeveloped side of my uterus. Could be same with you. That's my story ;)