Hi, I have a didelphic uterus (Two wombs)

I was two days late for my period this month and my periods are always every 24 days. Before my period was due i had alot of white discharge, tender breasts, need to go to the toilet far more often bad mood swings, tierdness mild cramping ect..

Today i started bleeding mostly when i go to the toilet to urineate and wipe myself theres blood. I've had bad cramping just like a period but the bleedings not as heavy as it normally would be.

I was just wondering as i have two wombs could you still bleed and be pregnant.?

Id appreciate your replys thank you.

hi,
i found out after years that i have what they thought was a bicornuate uterus. this was discovered because i had bleeding at 6 weeks pregnant. the baby was thought to be in the right horn at the time. i have had more bleeding since then so i was sent to king edward womens hospital. as it turns out i have two seperate uterus each with its own cervix and a divided vagina. i am pregnant in the right uterus and the left continues to have periods. the bleeding is light and usually only noticed when i urinate and then wipe. it tends to be brown in color but can be slightly red at times. it is well worth getting checked out as it IS possible. feel free to email me and ill tell you what i can.

I have a didelphic uterus and am currently 16 weeks pregnant. I have been spotting a little and my doctor thinks it may be my second uterus. They have checked the baby and cervix via ultrasound and everything is looking normal on that side. The spotting is usually brown and either when I wipe or a little in my underwear. Once it was more reddish and little flakes in the toilet when I urinated. Sorry if too much information but it scared me and just wanted anyone else to know if they have the same condition.

Hello ladies! Same here, i have uterus duplex and i am 5 weeks pregnant. but i just got what i think is my period and it scares me. i also have the period feeling that comes with it - pains, cramps, 'the feeling' if you know what i mean. i know my body and i know when i am having period. I would like to ask those of you who successfully had their babies in one uterus out of two. Did you bleed throughout the pregnancy? if yes, was it regular and in the timing of the normal period. did you carry your baby to the full term? i hope so!
did you have higher temperature and shortness of breath in the early pregnancy?
thanks so much in advance, i really hope to hear from you, also please do send a private message if you dont want to post online, i'd welcome any sort of input as i am worried and anxcious. Thanks and good luck to all!

Hello I'm a 22 year old and i found out when i was 19 that i have a Uterus didelphys, and since my period started i could never figure out why i couldn't wear tampons. I always knew there was a possibility that i had it because my mother also has it but she has one uterus split into two i have two uterus two cervix and a septum that separates down the middle into what i guess you could call a double vagina but i technically only have one, its just divided. Anyways I had my daughter prematurely because of my situation and she was born 880grams with a bleed in the brain. and also had a anecephalic son who past away at 16 weeks. The weird part being my sister passed away from being anecaphalic and my mother also lost at child at 6 months, which is when my daughter was born. So i guess we have strong genetics, because now its a possibility my daughter has it as well.. Good luck ladies oh and btw anyone who has a Uterus didelphys with a septum i recommend getting it removed it makes your period a lot easier. and you can wear tampons!!

Hello I'm a 22 year old and i found out when i was 19 that i have a Uterus didelphys, and since my period started i could never figure out why i couldn't wear tampons. I always knew there was a possibility that i had it because my mother also has it but she has one uterus split into two i have two uterus two cervix and a septum that separates down the middle into what i guess you could call a double vagina but i technically only have one, its just divided. Anyways I had my daughter prematurely because of my situation and she was born 880grams with a bleed in the brain. and also had a anecephalic son who past away at 16 weeks. The weird part being my sister passed away from being anecaphalic and my mother also lost at child at 6 months, which is when my daughter was born. So i guess we have strong genetics, because now its a possibility my daughter has it as well.. Good luck ladies oh and btw anyone who has a Uterus didelphys with a septum i recommend getting it removed it makes your period a lot easier. and you can wear tampons!! I also bled threw my pregnancies so don't worry its not a big deal it can be off pink in color or a regular period.. Just make sure your doctor checks you more than usual.

Oh and i forgot to say my situation was also because of my daughter being ill not all because of the Uterus didelphys so Don't worry my mother had two baby's perfectly fine, bleeding is normal its the other uterus you will most likely have your period still and if its light pink or brown its implantation bleeding or bleeding on your septum that is left over. :-)

I'm surprised to find a lot more discussion about didelphic uterus now. Two years ago, when I was first pregant with my son, I couldn't find much. I was nervous - I have two uterus, two cervix and each with a divided vagina. From what I read, the chance of miscarry is high. But it turned out to be a non-eventful pregancy. My son was born a few days earlier than the due date. My water broke the night before I was scheduled for an induction. Only thing was that I ended up having a c-section after 20 hours of painful labor. 3 epidurals didn't help. My son was always in a head down position until the day of labor, he turned his face to be what's called "sunny side up". I do not know to this date if it has anything to do with my didelphic uterus. My son was born 7lb4oz, 21inches. He is a healthy happy tod now.

Anyway, I'm now pregant with 2nd baby. I'm 15 weeks and so far so good - no bleeding or so ever. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hey everyone. I have two uterus, two cervix and each with a divided vagina but i got the spetum removed when i found out in march 09 i was 19 it was a huige shock but i always knew i was different becuase i used to think why do i have this(the spetum) and thought childbirth would be horrible if this had to tear and that but didnt think i had two wombs becuase i had never heard of it before.But after i had that rempved i have the WORST period pain im on endone and anything mega pain killers its horrible i had another surgery to find out why i was in so much pain but they didnt find anything so i have to live with it i guess.

Well anyway i was antibotics and had unprotected sex through it i had my last period on the 18/08/2010 and thought i might be pregnant but now im bleeding kinda its not bad but all th tight pain is in my left side so it must be my left uterus so now im worried im pregnant in the right and was wondeing if it was possible to bleed and be pregnant at the same time i know anything is possible after this discovery but i want to see if it has happend to anyone else..and if i tested would it even show becuase i was still having my period.dont get me wrong i love being different it can be fustrating sometimes lol.

any help would be great. :-) :-D

I have a didelphic uterus that I found out about three years ago when I was pregnant with my first child. It was an uncomplicated pregnancy that went all the way to 38 weeks and I delivered at home with a midwife. When I gave birth, the septum in my vagina tore. I always wondered why I hated tampons so much all my life, but now I can use them just fine. By the way, I didn't feel it when it tore. That kind of pain would have been inconsequential in comparison to the pain of the baby moving through the birth canal anyway. So if any of you women are considering getting the septum removed simply out of fear of pain during childbirth, don't worry about it. When I was 6 weeks pregnant I had some spotting that I expected from everything I read about online about implantation. Then at 9 weeks I went to the emergency room because I was bleeding and cramping - I was convinced I was having a miscarriage. At this time I didn't know I had a didelphic uterus. They did an ultrasound and said everything was fine and I shouldn't worry. Then at 13 weeks it happened again, this time with a gush of fluid I thought was my water breaking. When they checked me out that time they did a more thorough ultrasound and said I had a bicornuate uterus, and the fluid and blood had most likely built up in the other horn until it was pressed upon so much by the growing baby that it was expelled. I didn't have any more problems with bleeding or cramping that pregnancy. But when my midwife examined me she said she felt a septum in my vagina and two cervices, inconsistent with merely a bicornuate uterus. So I took her the ultrasound films and she had her ultrasound tech friend look at them. That's when we found out it was really didelphic. I have had another child since then, with no bleeding or cramping, however my water broke and she was born six weeks early. I had to have an emergency C-section because the cord prolapsed and she was footling breach. According to my experience, everything I've read, and everything my doctors and midwife have told me, having a didelphic uterus poses fewer complications than having a bicornuate uterus. This is because each uterus is usually normally shaped, and even though there are two of them, shape is more important. However, one interesting thing with it is that when you are pregnant, the baby will generally stay in the same position the entire pregnancy - whether head down or breech - because there is less room to move around and switch positions. This was true of both my pregnancies. As far as having periods during pregnancy, that can happen whether you have a normal uterus or not, especially in the first couple of months. So you should definitely take a test if you suspect you're pregnant.

Ive read these other stories and im also surprised at the number of us out there.Im 32 now and 9yrs ago gave birth to a healthy 5lb 12 1/2oz baby boy by c-section as well.This of course after 36hrs of labor and pushing for 2hrs.(a c-section was planned at home but this hospital insisted i try to have him natural)I was finally rushed into the O.R. for him to be taken.After i nearly killed myself trying so hard to c**p out my kid!Two of everything certainly makes for an interesting pregnancy to say the least.Back when i became prego,the docs in my town were clueless!I was rushed 4hrs away from my home town after my water broke, they were scared to death of me,lol.That was the longest 36hrs of my life,i cant remember the number of times i was given the epidural but it never took affect!The only time during the whole sha-bang was when they took me in for the c-section,i was so thankful to feel nothing after so much pain.O yea......the hospital they sent me to.......was a school.You know they had a field day with me.Bet that was the last time the docs send me to any such place!And one more thing.......Ive always worn a tampon and i have the dividing septum.One uterus is smaller than the other and they each have cervix and the only time i bled was around the 4th week of my pregnancy.I didnt know i was preg until i began puking every time i turned around.That didnt end for 4 months,morn,noon & night.Hope this helps someone in search of more info about themselves

hi ,i have also two uterus,two cervix and two vagina . I lost my 5 month baby at lost month. For my next pregnant what are the things to be do can any one please tell me.if any one can had successful pregnant with this complaint.please tel me what are the difficulties did you face? How can you tack care of you and your baby? Did you take complete bed rest during pregnancy ? I did't do any surgery or any thing..please ans my question . I am very afraid about this.if you reply i have confident from you.plese reply.

Hi. I have a uterus duplex condition and being pregnant. just wanted to ask how your pregnancy went and if you carried baby into full term or not. Many thanks in advance.

I'm looking for some support for my sister that is going through similar things, would you mind if I had your email address?