I would like to know more about fatigue. I was feeling so tired and with no desire for anything so I went to my doctor. He told me that I need to rest and that I am fatigue. Please, give me more info about this condition.

Fatigue can be a normal and important response to physical exertion, emotional stress, boredom or lack of sleep. It can also be a nonspecific sign of a more serious psychological or physical disorder. When fatigue is not relieved by enough sleep, good nutrition, or a low-stress environment, it should be evaluated by doctor because fatigue is a common complaint but sometimes a potentially serious cause may be overlooked. Fatigue is different from drowsiness that is feeling the need to sleep. Fatigue is a lack of energy and motivation and drowsiness and apathy can be symptoms of fatigue. The pattern of fatigue may help your doctor determine its underlying cause. In order to receive a diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome, a patient must satisfy some criteria. A patient needs to have severe chronic fatigue of six months or longer duration and have four or more of symptoms like: sore throat, tender lymph nodes, muscle pain, multi-joint pain without swelling or redness, headaches, unrefreshing sleep etc. I hope that this information was helpful. For additional information, contact your doctor.