I have been pretty tired for the last 2-3 months. I get about 8 hours of sleep but I'm still tired. I had a blood test for anemia, thyroid, and mono (i am asuuming i had a complete blood count), and all those tests came out normal. I'm constantly looking up stuff on the internet and now I am scared I have some type of cancer! my father died 2 years ago from cancer (from smoking) and now I'm obsessed about being tired all the time and I can't stop thinking about all the horrible things my dad had to go through when he had cancer. He was misdiagnosed so many times so I'm scared a doctor is missing something on my bloodtest. I know its probably an irrational thought but I cant get it out of my mind and I'm really really scared and only 19! please help!

Are you in college? If so, do you work while also going to classes? It's very easy to get worn out in college - I'm the same age as you and in college and there are days when I just wish time would stop so I wouldn't need to roll out of bed. I don't even work either!

Fatigue can be a symptom of so, so many things, such as:

- too much exercise
- too little exercise
- not getting enough water
- low hemoglobin (blood iron)
- stress
- poor condition of the air
- irregular schedule
- anxiety
- pregnancy
- hepatitis
- urinary tract infection
- tooth abscess
- flu
- just about any infectious disease
- diabetes
- poor nutrition
- boredom
- depression, bipolar disorder
- chronic fatigue syndrome

There are so, so many more possibilities. Fatigue is such a general symptom that it could be linked to almost anything. Are you feeling any other strange things along with the fatigue, such as headaches? Do you feel ill at all? If it's just fatigue and nothing else, I would say that it's most likely not something to worry to death about.

no not feeling ill, just like after i get a good 8 hours of sleep...i wake up feeling tired and then stay tired the entire day. Its just frustrating to because I was never usually this tired. could underlying stress take a toll on you physically? I am assuming that since the blood test came back normal..i guess i dont have to worry about any blood cancers or anything...im just frustrated and worried why i am tired all the time.

Stress could be making you feel tired. As strange as it may sound, if you are getting too much sleep every night, this could also be making you feel extra tired. Your body needs 6-8 hours of sleep a night, and I would say it's possible for your sleep cycle to change. If eight hours was previously enough for you, it may be too much now. This isn't as probable as fatigue due to boredom or stress, but it's possible; oversleeping is a cause of tiredness many people do not even consider.

Stress can make your body do odd things - it may impact your diet, which may also lead to fatigue. If you're stressing now or were stressing, this could make you tired too.

for the longest time...for lets say about 5 months..i had a bout of insomnia...it was like, a lot of trouble falling asleep...i couldnt fall asleep in the longest time...i would eventually fall asleep but i would only get about 6-7 hours....so now that im sleeping 8 maybe that is too much...i walk a ton on campus too...and maybe i just havent been doing enough..because i used to do cross country and i havent been really running so maybe i am just really out of shape..although im only 115 lbs