Hey everyone. I am worried for my mom. She is 57 years old. After my dad died she is in constant pain, stress and that affects her health as well. Recently she had myocardial infection. She was dealing with it pretty fine but after she went to see her doctor he told her she has very unstable angina after having a myocardial infection. I don't even know what unstable angina means. But it seems like something dangerous to me. Do you have any idea what this is and what can be the possible cause? Any information would be nice. Thank you. 

Hello Guest,

I might be able to help you out with some info here.

Unstable angina is a change in the pattern of angina symptoms, including prolonged or worsening angina and new onset of severe angina symptoms. People who have unstable angina do not have signs of heart attack on their ECG or blood tests.

Symptoms of unstable angina are the same as those of angina pectoris, intermittent pressure, or an ache beneath the breastbone. However, in people with unstable angina, the pattern changes. People experience more frequent or more severe episodes of angina, or episodes occur at rest or after less physical exertion. 

Hi you two,

You should talk to your mother about this Guest, just for her to feel better. Ask her about the pain, ask her how is she feeling, she will appreciate your attention.

Unstable angina is a condition which causes unexpected chest pain and it usually occurs while resting. The most common cause of this is reduced blood flow to the heart muscle because the coronary heart arteries are narrowed by fatty buildups which can rupture causing injury to the coronary blood vessel resulting in blood clotting which blocks the flow of blood to the heart muscle and it is definitely related to myocardial infarction. 

Hello everyone,

Well, one can easily notice that he or she has an unstable angina even without any tests or a doctor's examination. The symptoms are very easy to notice, it often occurs when you are resting, sleeping, or with little physical exertion, it comes as a surprise, it may last longer than a stable angina, rest or medications usually do not relieve it, it gets worse over time and it can eventually cause a heart attack.

There are ways to treat this. Usually, a cardiac catheterization is done firstly. Then you will have two options, either go for percutaneous coronary intervention or coronary artery bypass graft surgery.

Good day everyone. If I can say a few words about this…I know that symptoms of unstable angina are very similar to those of myocardial infarction. I know that symptoms are: chest pain or pressure in chest, sweating, dyspnea, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, fatigue, pain or pressure in back, abdomen, etc. Well the patient history and diagnostic will tell you about this disease more that you want to know. I know that my friend had similar situation but she was never in pain which was a very good sign. Anyway, I want to suggest you to take her to the doctor just to be sure that everything is fine with her…

Have a nice day.

Good day.

As you probably already know angina is a condition that is manifested by very sharp and hard pain in your chest. Also, you can feel the pain in your arms, shoulders, legs, neck and even in your back. Well, this pain is due to inadequate blood supply to your heart muscle and this deprives your heart oxygen. I know that there are a several types of angina and unstable angina is one of them. Actually it is a chest pain that happens suddenly and becomes even worse time after time. It occurs without any case and it can happen if you are resting or sleep as well.

The treatment should be determined immediately.  

Good day guys. I think that this is very simple. Unstable angina is a condition in which person’s heart does not get enough blood flow and oxygen. When this happen it can lead to heart attack, and this is actually a chest caused by very poor blood flow through the blood vessels of the heart muscles. The most common cause is coronary artery disease due to atherosclerosis and atherosclerosis is the buildup of fatty materials that are called plaque. They are on the walls of arteries and arteries just become poor and flexible.

I really hope that I helped you a little bit.

Hey. Everyone else told you what this is actually. I would like to add something. A lot of people believe that unstable angina is harmless. But it is not so true especially because unstable angina is unexpected and I do believe that resting or even taking nitroglycerine, like other people can tell you might won’t help. Also, your doctor will probably diagnose this issue after your first symptoms and in the case if they are getting worse. Remember that unstable angina is warning sign that heart attack can happen soon. So, require the treatment immediately. It is not something that you should play with.