Hello I am 18 years old and diagnosed with panic disorder and anxiety, in the last 7-8 weeks i have had low back muscle pain and i am feeling dizzy,depressed,sad and sometimes nauseous.Lately ive been feeling constant fullness and urge to have a BM, my feces is normal but it varies from type 6 bristol to type 2, and yesterday i had diarrhea but just once.I fear I have colon cancer, although I had occult blood test and it was negative, my blood count test and biochemical tests were perfect i have lots of eritrocites Fe and similar, the doctor said i am very healthy but I feel anemious nonetheless pls help

Hello Marko,

are you currently on any treatment to control your panic attacks and anxiety? First off, it's highly unlikely that what you're described experiencing are the symptoms of colon cancer, not only because you're 18, but mainly because the tests were negative. Everyone has occasional problems with bowel movements and it doesn't always mean something is really wrong. It could be caused by a simple change in diet, or even travelling. However, your anxiety might be contributing to you feeling even worse when your body acts somewhat unusually. Since anxiety is basically the same feeling as fear, only caused by internal reasons, it happens very often that anxiety becomes fear of any bodily changes, good or bad. And since it also causes the fear hormones to be secreted, it can cause a number of real physical issues like fast heartbeat, problems with breathing.. etc.

Thank you very much for the quick reply, I am currently treating anxiety with alternative methods such as mediations and similar, thank you for your time again!

Now a days even colon cancer can be treated with an effective result by an painless cancer therapy, known as Immunotherapy.It has no side effects.