I have just been diagnosed with anxiety disorder. The first attack i had came out of nowhere and was in the middle of a funeral and very frightening, more so because i couldn't tell anyone what was happening and i had to try and disquise it. I could feel my heart and the pulses in my neck pounding out and i went shivery with the shakes and could not catch my breath and the more i thought about it, the worse it became. My doctor has put me on antidepressants now but they haven't stopped the attacks. I don't get them as often now although the tablets have stopped me worrying about certain things but i still ended up having 2 attacks today? The one i had...only an hour ago happened while i was just sitting comfortable watching the tv, it pinned me to the settee and the pain was so unbearable i could not move or breath in so far resulting in not being able to catch my breath. This one lasted about 8 minutes until i plucked up the courage to move through the pain and sit up straight and breath slowly and the pain slowly went away. Just wanted to share what i go through and to let you know you're not alone, even though you feel like it and feel like no one understands what you're going through when you have an attack because thats how i feel too. I am currently practising breathing tecniques as one of the most popular relaxation techniques for anxiety and hopefully i will be able to live my life again and not let these attacks control me. I also have a fear of fainting when i'm in a shop and quite far from the escape route or in the middle of a long quew and my doctor has informed me this is also all linked to my anxiety disorder.

I was diagnosed 11 years ago with panic attacks and they are very frustrating! My doctor put me on klonopin and they stopped all together. But now 11 years later i am having withdraws from the klonopin and the panic attacks are back. I would suggest you ask your doctor about klonopin but now i am not sure since the withdraws and they are very addicting. Good luck and hopefully they will find something to treat them and something not addicting.

Hello there :! I appreciate that you'd like to share your thoughts with people. It isn't nice to feel alone, and we may feel more alone if we don't share some of out thoughts with people.

Having recently been discussing particular concerns with colleagues regarding general day to day issues, I understand the soothing effect of discussing, in even broad terms what one may be struggling with.
I found that initially after talking through issues, I didn't immediately take on board any comment in relation to the problem. Though, several hours later, I perked up! :-) Suddenly feeling more in control of what it was I wanted to achieve, though not always necessary to act on others suggestions, just talking things through may help rationalize what the issue is, and how you'd like to deal with things yourself.

Many kind regards, thank you 'Guest' for sharing, since I've read your post. :-)

Luckily, I don't have any of the similar problems you have discussed concerning panic attacks, since I don't suffer from attacks, but my post was to say that I appreciate how you must be feeling, and how I have dealt with other general issues through talking! I hope this makes sense, and I hope that you are feeling abit better to date.

All the best!

I suggest you to use Biofeedback/Neurofeedback software, It will read your mind and suggest you how your brain is responding. This is quite helpful in getting out of any anxiety and depression. Watch this video ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed. Hope this will help you.

Thankyou for the messages and lovely advice. I am currently on 20mg citalopram but i am still having occasional panic attacks, more so when i am worrying about anything than everyday like before i went on them. I have found talking about my feelings has helped i think.
I still have the fear of fainting though and don't like going into shops on my own as i start to worry incase i get that feeling and then i do get that feeling if you know what i mean? Its hard controling my mind not to let that thought enter my head in the first place but i can't stop it from the moment i step foot into that shop, bank etc. Quews are my worst nightmare cuz if i'm in one thats when i start thinking and its a fear of the embarrasement of fainting in public to that takes hold of me. Its an awfull feeling and i do feel a little like i'm going mad for not feeling normal like other people.
Also i know this sounds silly but i have just booked my driving test for december and i'm so worried that i'll be so nervous and anxious i could have another attack. Does anyone know of any over the counter meds i can take before my test that can calm me thats safe to take while i am on the citalopram?
This thing has really got a hold on my life and i don't want all these fears anymore, i feel so fragile :-(

I was cured from this by cleansing my system, relaxation and listening to soft music, exercise and staying in the sunlight to produce serotonin in the brain. Medicines do not cure it but can worsen it. It can relieve for sometime but you can become addicted to it and it also can cause other health problem. Cleansing, exercice, relaxation, sunlight and a healthy diet, trust in God, and I bet you'll become yourself.