Hi, my aunt says suspects that she might be developing colon cancer, which she had 3 years ago. But, this time she believes that even back pain is symptome of cancer. Can back pain be related to colon cancer?

Hi, I also have high risk for developing colon cancer, but only fecal occult blood test can be reliable in establishing colon cancer presence. All other symptoms are individual, but back pain is not associated to colon cancer at all. Did your aunt have rheuma before? I don’t know how old is she, but elder people often have these problems. Although, the spine and vertebral bodies have well supplied by blood vessels and cancer cells can spread to this part of the body by traveling in the bloodstream, back pain is usually not considered as symptom of a malignant cancer. Anyway, she should check her health from time to time.

Back pain could be associated with colon cancer. I just lost a friend in her late 40's who had no other symptoms other than complaining that her back hurt. She thought she had pulled a muscle. After going through doctors and tests, she was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. Also, if you read Steve Tyrell's story about his wife Stephanie, who died from colon cancer, she was also complaining of back pain and had been going to a chiropractor. Don't ever be too sure.

Back pain can definitely be secondary to malignancy.
As far as screening for colon cancer, colonoscopy is the standard and is a life saving procedure that can catch early malignancy before facal occult test....way before.
There are numerable websites that can give you the correct info that you NEED.

I am 48 and have had problems with lose stools and cramping, and lower back pain. I am going for a colon oscapy tomarrow. Should I be worried?

Hello, My dad was diagnose last April with colon cancer. Its been a year, He has started having sever back pain and a knot has came up on his left back side. He has went to his doctor and the test will be back Monday. Im trying to find out would this be from the cancer?