I know I might just be paranoid. But I've had frequent gas pains and when I use the washroom to go through a bowel movement the stools look a little narrow and light brown / orangish. There was even one time it looked like it had fur or something. Looked really odd.. I have also been getting stomach cramps but only once. I've had a lot of gas in the past week and I am pretty worried.

Please Help.

Look, I don’t think you have a problem, considering you had cramps once and your only association is flatulence and the color of your stool, which can be colored from certain foods.
Having a lot of gas as a symptom alone only means that the food you ate didn’t break down completely in your stomach and that it entered the large bowel in undigested state.
Every food needs to be broken down in the stomach and small intestines, so that it could enter the blood stream and be used for energy.
When certain enzymes are missing, for example lactase that breaks down lactose into sugar molecules, then lactose goes into the large intestines and meets friendly bacteria that naturally lives in our bowels and that will digest this lactose that arrived. These bacteria produce different gases among which hydrogen sulfide that we associate with flatulence.
Then, certain foods contain more indigestible carbohydrates and therefore makes us pass wind more often.
Do you have any additional problems, like pain anywhere in the abdominal area, vomiting, nausea, constipation/diarrhea…..? If you still feel that something mighr be wrong, you should see a doctor for testing.

I am 18, i had my entire large intestine and rectum removed at 17. i was in the icu after the second surgery for my 18th birthday. trust me when i tell you that colon cancer happens at all ages. young or old, doesn't matter.
However, the symptoms you described don't sound like oclon cancer, you might want to see your doctor to rule it out, but you would most likely have blood in your stool. Sounds like you may have a case of ibs...irritable bowel syndrome. But do not take my response as medical advice...
good luck.

i'm only 16 and recently i've been picking up on some symptoms that might suggest that i have colon cancer. My bowel habits have changed, and my stools are a lot looser than normal and i've been having quite frequent bouts of diarrhea. On 2 occassions, on being seated for a length of time and standing up, i've felt incredibly dizzy as if i was about to pass out. Just 2 days ago, after having bad stomach cramps and experiencing diarrhea, there was quite a lot of blood on wiping. Whenever i do pass a stool, i always feel as if there's something else that still needs to come but won't. My uncle was diagnosed with the same condition and i fear that i might have the same..

I was pressing quite firmly to the left side of my abdomen to see if i could feel anything, and i think i may have felt a lump..

It hurts in that area a lot today, although that may have just been my pressing around

Do you think it could be Colon Cancer?

im 16 years old.
my mom had colon cancer. they found it in stage 4 when it was too late.
i hav to get a colonoskapy when i turn 18 or sooner. when it should be when im in my 40s and so on.
ever sence i was little ive had constapation problems. some so severe i cant move. and have to be carried out and rushed to the hospital. i also have diarreah on occassion. even when i do go number 2, its huge. and hurts to come out sometimes. i also have abdomenal pains.
im worried im going to have colon cancer and go through what my mom did.
any help?or suggestions,ideas. anthing.please.

hey happyagain if your still on this thread i could use some advice... im 17 and for 2 years ive had some slight blood in my stools... i finally talked to my doctor today and colon cancer runs in my family, my great grandpa had it and my grandpa has polyps etc... Until this week the blood was minimal but it is still dark-ish red and the past few days there has been alot of it. The doc said it could be some weird thing where the stomach or colon or intestines or something goes off on another path- i forget the name, or polyps, but he thinks colon cancer is unlikely at my age but still a possibility. Tomarrow we are going to try to schedule an appointment with a specialist or someone who can tell me definitivly but the suspense is killing me... The amount of blood has been increasing substatially and my mom doesnt seem worried and my doc said that it isnt "ominous" in his words. Is it possible i really have colon cancer? The blood is dark and sometimes mucusy which is why the doctor beleives its coming from the colon. Until this week it had been virtually painless.

um yeh happyagain ok this is everthing i have been sh**ting out blood but its not just plane blood its coverd in a yellow mucus and some times my poo is yellow or green and other time it has all this white stuff stuck to it or bound together i have been dizzy tierd and gut pains runny shitt i was just wandering if the symptoms im having were the same as your symptoms o and im a 17yr old mail can you plz give me some info on the subject before i kill myself im going crazey

i'm 17 and i've experience blood stools..with fever and vomiting and i thought
it was a typhoid fever..is it close to colorectal cancer?

I'm 18 and I just found a little blood in my poop.ive been feeling extremely extremely tired these past few days,and no amount of sleep is helping.i haven't had any stomach aches as such.and I'm scared.should I be worried

You seem to have the exact same symptoms I have at the moment. I'm 17 and was diagnosed with IBS last year, the cramps you experience related to gas are quite a common thing with IBS sufferers. And I have the exact same thing with my stoll at the moment. Loose, orangish in colour, although about a week ago when I used the toilet, I was pretty constipated at the time, I noticed a very small amount of blood on the toilet paper. Not in the stool though. Which leads me to believe this was just connected to the pain from having a poo after being constipated. Although I am a bit worried. I will give it a week or so and wait for further developments.

Hi!
I want to know how are you know?
I have similar conditions to all described here.
I have had a polyp in my childhood but I was not aware of the severity of that thing.
A few days ago (I am 28 now), I noticed again the blood in stool and checked on internet if there is something related. As I was diagnosed with IBS, I was not considering my other symptoms too serious. NOW I am tooo much worried. Pray for me, I have a medical check-up scheduled today.