Please help me! I don’t know what is wrong with me. I am in constant fear of gaining weight. That is all think about whole day. I am thin, but I don’t feel like it. My friends are laughing at me. I am very unhappy. What is wrong with me?

I believe you are suffering from Anorexia Nervosa or you are on a good way to be. It is a disorder in which preoccupation with dieting and thinness leads to excessive weight loss. Person has an intense fear of gaining weight. Your constant fear of gaining weight is a common symptom. Other symptoms are: depression, complains of “feeling “ fat, denial of hunger, feeling guilt about eating weight gain/loss, preoccupation with food, calories, fat, dieting, nutrition and/or cooking…etc.

i can't help by feeling guilty after eating,
i look in the mirror and i seem to get bigger.
i can't help by crying
i want to be thinner.
i want to be thin like the models
i want to be thin like her
i can't help thinking when i eat
gaining is going to occur.

i don't want to be fat
i want to be skinny.
i want to pretty.

so self conscience
being big is what i dread.

i don't want to be one thirty-five.
i want to be one hundred.

I suffered from anorexia since i was 13 and im 18 now and still relapse it suxs
and it drives me crazy
i recently had a relapse and i just decided to eat cause i blacked out after taking a shower and fell to the floor
i felt dizzy and scared.
Its not the first time i expierenced this feeling.
I have A EXTREME maybe overly extreme fear of gaining anywhere over 108 pounds
and im 5'1 and weigh 105 right now.
And now that i ate
here comes the guilt.... =(

healthy people dont gain weight exsessively. you aren't at risk of weight gain, and as far as i can tell there is nothing wrong with you, what is wrong is your relationships. go to a therapist that specializes in detachment issues. anorexia usually stems from feelings of neglect. anorexia is fully subjective, don't let yourself take yourself over.

i have the same problem. i dont know what to do, i am scared to tell my parents because i dont know how they react... i am constantly scared of gaining weight. i am 16 years old and only weight 92 pounds. but when i look in the mirror my stomach looks bigger than i want it to be. i dont starve my self, just have thoughts of not being small enough? is this serous and is this a disorder?

I also suffer that :( I am 13, i am not fat, but whenever i look at myself, i look fat. I am at the stage where i want to stop eating, my parents feed me and for breakfast, i eat only 2 yogurts, non-fat and my mom is constently on my case about eating more. I want to cut down, and i exercise alot. I am so scared of gaining weight, i am also terrified of the weighing scale :( I am too scared to tell my parents, help me!

I have been looking for a name for my phobia. It is similar to this. I have constant fear of gaining weight...of being fat; but I do not starve or purge.  I think that I may overeat sometimes. I am constantly worrying about, researching, and obsessing about food. I find all kinds of advice but I seem to only be able to follow it for a few days and I feel like it is not working and panic thinking that it is causing me to gain. I am not thin...and I am miserable because I am not.  I suffer from depression, anxiety, and ocd that I feel are all consequences of being fat and that if I could just get my body to look how I want these other problems would go away.  The wierdest thing is that I am perfectly sane and know how ridiculous it all sounds but cannot make it go away anyway.