I am a 28 yr old female with no history of bowel cancer. That being said, I am freaking out because I have had a small spot of blood on my toilet paper half of the time after emptying my bowels for the last year. Yesterday I got what seemed to be a hemerrhoid after going to the toilet. And I was thinking that even though bleeding is a symptom of hemorrhoids, one year is a long time between the symptom and the outcome. So. . . And this is where my brain starts freaking out. Hemorrhoids can actually become a symptom of colon cancer. I don't have many o thenother symptoms except sometimes after I eat I get pains in my stomach that I have never had before. They just started happening in the last few months. I am usually quiet tired and with no energy but that could be because I do work a lot of hours in a fairly manual job. And to make matters worse. I don't understand why I would have hemorrhoids other than it being a symptom of cancer. As my diet hasn't changed greatly (fibre intake etc) and I'm jot pregnant. I'm not really constipated. There is sometimes just a small amount of sharp pain but I go regularly and easily enough. And I'm too young to have hemorrhoids without any of these reasons. Please help! I am really starting to worry. I have an appoi tment booked with a doctor but it seems a lifetime away. I can't stop expecting the worst and my brain won't switch off.

Hello Tamarn,
I'm 26 and I had similar problems/symptoms when I was younger. From my understanding colon cancer is mainly caused by waste hanging out in the colon for longer than its supposed it before its disposed of. (not enough water & not enough fiber in the system is the cause of that, for sure) A little blood might mean you have a lot of stress in your life, your body might not like something you are putting into it, or a little blood can be a result of pushing a little to get things going. My experience with stomach pains was usually if I didn't chew things all the way (like pizza~I was in the habit of getting it to my stomach before the cheese got cold so it was not digested well and caused GREAT PAIN). I know some of my friends get stomach pains from allergies or foods that their stomaches can no longer breakdown (after being chewed-like raw carrots.) Unless (pardon my french) you are taking a dump every other day, you might be backed up without knowing it. Holding on to waste for longer than your body was made to SLOWS US DOWN, makes us tired and even exhausts our energy supply cus its poison. I'm not sure what your diet consists of, but adding fruits with seeds is a great start or addition. I've read in some of my health books that the best time of day to dispose of waste is in the morning. I recommend trying a strawberry banana smoothie (if you're not allergic to either of those) in the morning with breakfast. If you don't eat breakfast, you should start :-|
 I usually use frozen strawberries in my smoothies so i don't have to water it down with ice cubes and I use 100% juice, none of that high fructose corn syrup junk.  Try to get enough water during the day. Do you eat spicy foods? I hope I was helpful to you.
Best wishes to great health :-)