Hi im 16 years old and Ive been thinking that I also might have colon cancer.My grandma had it and is still alive.But about 6-7 months ago I had a really bad stomach cramp that woke me up.So I went to the bathroom and there was blood on the toilet paper.Since then I have had no blood and lately Ive had alot of diahrrea but have had constipation for about 2-3 years now.I told my mom that I had white stuff on my stools and she said not to worry that it is mucus and that she has it too.She sad that her and my Grandma have IBS and that i probably have it too.My symptoms are uncomfortable feeling in abdomen,no blood,diahrrea.constipation. And I was wondering that if you have Colon Cancer is there really really bad pain and how tired do you get?Thanks

Also last time i went to the Doctor I weighed about 118 and now I weigh about 115 could that mean I have colon cancer.And also sometimes I have thin stools.

All the symptoms you mentioned resemble both IBS and colon cancer.
Constipation, diarrhea, blood and mucus in the stool, abdominal cramping are all signs of IBS but it could also be a sign of colon cancer.

Now, there are certain things to consider. Colon cancer may form at any age but it usually occurs after the age of 40, in those who are at high risk or even after the age of 50 and 60.

Considering that your mother and grandmother suffer from IBS, you are also likely to suffer from this disorder.

If you can’t put your mind at rest and keep thinking about it all the time, maybe you should address your mother again and ask if you could see a doctor just to put your mind at ease. She should understand.
If the results came negative, you should still have regular check-ups when you come to that risky age.

i'm 23 years old and last year when i was 22 i was diagnosed with colon cancer. my symptoms were diorrhea and constipation, stomach cramps, nausea and i was also anaemic. however, i did not have any blood at any time in my stools.

to put your mind at rest i would say have a blood test first to find out if you are anaemic. i then had a colonoscopy which i would also suggest you having to find any abnormalities such as colitis and crohns.

try not to worry though as the symptoms for IBS, colitis, crohns, and cancer can all be very similar, so try not to think the worst.