New Hope
I have been really emotional and anxious. I find myself getting worked up over small things. I can cry at the drop of a dime. I have also been having a lot of ROCD thoughts and I can’t seem to dismiss them like I did a few weeks ago. Part of me still questions if this could be hormonal. Ever since “ovulation” I’ve been feeling like this. Emotional, numb, down, detached, and ROCD.

I know how easy it is to convince yourself it’s not hormonal, but there’s no way it isn’t. It’s not just a coincidence that you started having these symptoms after stopping birth control. A lot of us have felt the depression, many themes of OCD, constant crying, etc. especially during ovulation and after the period is over. Don’t worry you’re not alone in this! How many months off are you now?

Sorry to hear that :( hopefully you’ll feel better during/after your period!

Hello to all, sorry to hear about those going through a rough patch. I have been kinda on and off after ovulation. Today I feel more level minded and keep telling myself I won't allow this to get to me! I am also very thankful to have found this site I can't and don't even want to imagine not having found this site. I also agree the thoughts about this not being hormonal come up from time to time but its true I feel like we have to trust ourselves and our intuition. Idk how to explain this but even though we have all these wild thoughts and feelings there is that one part of us that keeps saying this inst us and I believe that is our true true self! Trying to help us get back to where we are supposed to be! No matter what you can always count on this forum, this support system!

New Hope

I am just over 6 1/2 months off. November 21st will be 7 months. I took the pill for almost 9 years.

Wow you being on 9 years definitely shows that these symptoms are hormonal, I know you may feel like it’s not but it is. Sometimes even I question it when I’m feeling anxious but we just have to remind ourselves constantly.

How is everyone doing? I’m scared I’m falling out of love with my significant other. Just can’t get out of this blah numb distant place.

Hey! I’m also scared that the obsessive thoughts will linger and I’ll remember them all forever and that they will change me :( how many months off are you?

7 months. You? Do you feel detached from your significant other too?

9 months, I feel detached to everything it’s so annoying and scary. Also my period has been coming usually a bit Before 27 days but this cycle I’m still waiting and am I on day 31:(

I’ve only had 1 period since stopping. And it was barely anything. How long were you on bc?

Hey, girls!
Emma here!
I have been doing great the past few weeks, but when Im on "ovulation week" I feel very anxious and all my ROCD come back. I am supposed to ovulate in 2 days, and have been feeling off for the past 4 days...
Yesterday I was with a friend who recently just got married and she announced that she was getting a divorce and that she was relieved because she has finally found the reason behind her being unhappy. She thought her boyfriend was the only thing that was doing GREAT in her life but finally she found that she was miserable and always crying because she was with him.
This triggered immense ROCD because for the past 16 months, I am miserable, crying often about my boyfriend with issues that we have. I am very dramatic about everything, I know it.The other day, i I cried because in the future i would like to have a house in the city and not him, and immediately I begin to think we arent made for eachother and that our couple wont last and I cry.

I know that this week has been very anxious for me, but when my friend told me that, I just couldnt enjoy the rest of my night, I was totally shook and immediately started to imagine this was my situation, too. Every time someone talks badly about their relationship I try my best to find the same flaws in mine... Its very annoying. I cant stop over-analyzing everything.

I just cant stand not being "sure" that I am in the right relationship. I think that is the definition of ROCD and knowing that i have dealt with it for the past 16 months, I try not to let it affect me but, damn so hard :(
I, too, have the thought that it sure was hormonal in the beginning, but that it's gone now and I am left with the truth thoughts... :(

But, I do have more moments where I am feeling good than before, so thats a plus.

Keep strong ladies, xoxxoox

Hi Emma, I feel for you! Any little thing sets me off as well! My period is due soon so I am a little on edge but like you have had some better moments. I am hoping I see more clearer days cause that definitely helps me overcome the slumps. I hate having all these ridiculous thoughts and just hope I can return to who I was before all this mess because I hate having this dark cloud looming over me! I just want you to know that yesterday was my 17 month mark and hearing from others around the same time frame as me helps me in that regard because it makes me realize that this journey can in fact be longer for others! Sometimes I worry that I am the only one struggling for this long!!!

7 years! I usually have the first day of my period and second really heavy and then the next few days hardly anything. I dunno why I’m not getting it! I actually tried vitex and it had an opposite effect on me. I become so much more anxious, skipped ovulation, my face broke out even more and insomnia. So I think that may have contributed to my longer cycle :(

I was on it for 8 years. So we are almost in the same boat. I am tempted to see a naturopath to do bio-identical hormones, but I am scared that if I stop the bio-identical hormones, this whole thing will start all over again. I just want the dark cloud of sadness/emotional/questioning to go away.

I just confuse myself so much sometimes, because I know that I should be feeling the love towards my significant other, but when he is not around my anxiety and ruminating thoughts go crazy. When he is home then I don't feel as much of that and I feel more comfort when he is there. Yet I don't want him to touch me or get in my personal bubble. It is like I am isolating myself from him, and everyone else, besides my dog....But then when I go to bed, it is like I want him there, and I want to cuddle. It is just so confusing. I just don't understand why we have to go through these horrible ROCD patterns. Makes this journey that much more difficult.