Yes, I felt like this all the time and it actually made me have really bad headaches everyday. I wish there was an easy way to get through all of this but you just have to try your best to retrain your mind gradually. Slowly but surely you will come out of the depression and as it begins to lift then you will feel less anxious about your thoughts. I think most of us can agree that our symptoms come in layers, and each one lifts as time goes on. Feel better soon :(

I am on the same boat as you guys, yes slowly but surely we will come out of this! Wish it was sooner rather than later!

According to my period tracker I should have ovulated this week so now Im feeling a little out of whack but I’m not consumed by it just got up opened up the windows going to do things around the house and keep my mind distracted! Wishing you all a great weekend!

New Hope

What do you ladies experience during ovulation and after ovulation up until your periods? I’m noting I feel very blah, distant, and like I just don’t care. Numb almost. Some ROCD too. 

I’m very numb and depressed currently ! Feel like a cloud is in my head. I don’t think I ovulated though this month :(

I agree with you. I also find myself not liking being alone. My fiancé is out of town for the weekend and I just feel so uncomfortable being alone.

I feel you, I’m alone during the week usually and I hate having these negative thoughts especially when I’m alone. I need a fix for this like yesterday.

My anxiety is so bad and the negative thoughts are so strong that I’m constantly checking in with myself and questioning what I want. These involve harm ocd which is obviously a topic that scares me and I know that’s what ocd does. Picks something that is most important to you, such as your life. I need a way to escape them because they are making my life miserable. It’s like all I can think about constantly and it’s just quick automatic thoughts back on myself whenever I think of something. ive never had anxiety until I got off birth control and have seen a psychiatrist who said it sounds totally hormonal. I’m 21 and so scared. If anyone could help

Hello, I am 14 months of and I know you’re scared, I am SO sorry you have to go through this. I began this journey when I just turned 23 and am now 24. I promise promis promise it gets better. I still struggle around my period, but I was on it for 3 years (since I was 20) so it may be a little while longer for me until my body produces hormones naturally. It’s the major drop in estrogen and such that causes these symptoms. I had the negative thoughts as well, health ocd and so many horrible symptoms that I’d have to find my first post to remember them all. Please hang in there. I too went to therapy for a few months, until my sessions were up. I also changed to a bit of a healthier diet, started exercising, and got an essential oil diffuser, clary sage and lemon are suppose to be good scents for hormonal imbalance which I use especially in my period. I also don’t eat a lot of junk food or have caffeine. Sending hugs.

Hi there! Just a question on St. John’s wort. How long before you noticed a difference ?

Hey! When I was about 3-4 months off I started taking it and noticed it really calmed me down, and then I stopped taking it after a month which was a big mistake lol I had like the worst setback after my period in August/September. I noted that September 26 I felt like I was back at square one and since that day I’ve been taking one in the morning and 2 at night. I noticed an extreme difference immediately, like several hours later to a day later. Now I’m about to be 8 months off and the st johns wort has helped so much. I haven’t had any setbacks since that week in september. I think you’re only supposed to take SJW for 3 months, so I’m eventually gonna wean myself off, take a break, and probably start again if I need it. (Sorry for this long essay)

Great thanks! Do you know what strength yours is ?

300 mg, so 900 mg a day. The bottle says 3 times daily but I find that one in the morning and 2 at night works best

How’s everyone doing? I just have to say that Thanksgiving is coming up and I’m sooo thankful for the day I came across this thread lol I know that we’ve all been through hell at this point but with time we’ll get better. If you’re at your worst right now just know you can come to this forum for help whenever, because I know I sure needed this when I was!!

Thanks for checking in! I’m having a rough go. Pmsing hard! Probably more PMDD. Headaches, nausea, joint pain, obsessive thoughts, heart palps, anxiety, insomnia ! The list goes on. Suppose to get my period tomorrow but we shall see. Almost 9 months off!