I haven’t been to a naturopath, I would love to but I’m in a bit of a financial bind and all the ones I find in my area are a bit pricey! I got my hormones checked towards the beginning through bloodwork but my physician said there weren’t really any abnormalities my testosterone was a little high but that it wasn’t anything alarming. Thank you for the response, that’s what I keep telling myself! I haven’t come this far for nothing! How are you doing?

I’ve been not great either, I’m almost 9 months off and working with a naturopath, she figures my ovulation isn’t happening every month, instead every other month which means I’m not making progesterone and it makes the obsessive thoughts, numbness, and anxiety 10 times worse during the month I didn’t ovulate. Have you tried taking your temp every morning to see if you are ovulating ? It may be able to help you! I’m starting on chastetree this week to hopefully allow more progesterone

Hey!
I didnt go see a naturopath because Im a student and can't afford all the appointments.
But with all the reasearch I made, I think Im, like you, not making enough progesterone... I have the feeling that I am not ovulating each month... I have the ladycomp (device that takes your temperature every morning for contraception) and my peak of ovulation is not really a peak... and I also spot a lot before my period and pinkish during ovulation.

Is there a way to boost progesterone naturally? I like to think that time will resolve all my hormonal issues but is my body able to? How long will it take?

Today Im at day 21 of my cycle and I feel super anxious, not too much ROCD, just super anxious and irritable. Like my boyfriend says one thing the wrong way and I snap and am feeling so so pissed.

I try and remind myself of how I was feeling a week ago when I was feeling great, and its just like worlds apart!

Take care girlsxxx
emma

You can take chastetree (vitex) to up progesterone. My naturopath said to take it during when you would normal make progesterone which is right after ovulation until your period. I was actually looking for something more specific for temping.. do you like the lady comp? I had relationship ocd in a way before but it actually went away and now it’s the exact same way of obsessions but on harm ocd. So I noticed the pattern but it’s still so exhausting and so hard.

I really love the ladycomp, yes! It shows your charts over the months and a lot of additionnal information. Very reliable.

I was actually scared to use chaste tree because it can be worst if you actually have estrogen excess, since I dont know exactly what hormones are out of whack, I am hesitant to use it. Please let us know how you like it :)

Emma

I want to start checking my temp as well because I suspect I may not be ovulating every month I’m basing it off of discharge at the moment. Thanks for your response I really needed it today, I took some time to myself and kinda get myself out of that negative head space. I’m glad you’re being so proactive and appreciate you sharing what you have learned. Going to look into the lady comp as I see Emma has had a positive experience. We are some strong woman i’ll tell you!

Does anyone feel emotionally numb around ovulation ? I feel so flat right now and have heart palpitations, couldn’t sleep, etc. my app thinks I’m suppose to ovulate in a few days. I hate this.

Yes! Numb and a bit of ROCD for me, Im in the same state as you except I have ovulated (says my ladycomp) and I still feel weird, have intrusive thoughts...

I also have noticed that some months I feel weird up until my next period... I basically feel weird for like 2 weeks after ovulation (and a bit before) where Im really not myself :( Wondering if it isnt PMDD, this scares me a lot because Im thinking that I will have horrible cycle for the rest of my life, but before the pill I barely even had PMS... :( anyways, I hope it goes away...

Does anyone feel this way?
Emma

New Hope
I feel numb most of the time. I have noticed that the numbness at times scares me more than my ROCD. My last period ended Wednesday and I was doing okay until Saturday night, then I just became isolated and felt distant and numb toward my SO and everyone. I broke down and cried really hard last night just wishing this would be over. I want my feelings back. I feel numb towards everything and everyone. It scares me because I feel like I’m falling into depression.

Yesterday marked 6 months off for me. I know I am better now than I was at the beginning, but still feel so off from who I was. I do get scared that this numbness and ROCD isn’t going to leave, and this is who I am now.

I’m so sorry you’ve been feeling this numbness, I experienced it when I was 4-6 months off too so I know exactly what you mean. I haven’t experienced ROCD but I’ve experienced other themes and believe me when I say it does get better! I was dealing with severe scary intrusive thoughts that I thought I would have to deal with forever but I haven’t obsessed like I used to for over a month now. I have 100% faith that you will get better, it may be slowly but surely. Most of us experience our setbacks right after our period ends and it really sucks. Mine actually ended a week ago and this is the first time I’m not experiencing a setback. I’m about 8 months off (I was only on bcp for 6 months) but just know you are not alone, this OCD and numbness is not going to be you forever, and you will have feelings again. Don’t give up!!

Hey! Do you mind sharing your scary intrusive thoughts ? I’ve had some very scary ones as well and am still dealing. I hate it!! I’m wondering if it will ever be normal again or will I be stuck with these thoughts

I used to feel so ashamed to even talk about my thoughts, but I know that a lot of us on here have had similar issues so hopefully this helps. I had really scary harm thoughts, I thought I would harm people around me and I felt like I had to stay away from everyone. Also a lot of times I had sexual intrusive thoughts and it was so strange to me that I was even thinking of these things. It was debilitating but I’ve gotten sooo much better, it’s safe to say I don’t even obsess about them anymore. One of my themes was that I would never ever get better, that I had some mental disorder all along, or I would be traumatized by the memory of these thoughts, but I’ve gotten to the point where I just brush them off if they even come to mind. I feel way calmer after almost 8 months off. What are yours like?

Omg! I have the same. Harm thoughts but they are mostly directly towards myself although I have had them directed towards others. Thank you for sharing. The harm thoughts are so hard and I talk back and forth with myself constantly most of the day in my head. Can’t wait for them to move on!

You’re welcome, I know it’s so difficult and really strange to deal with when your fears feel so real at times. It’s like our minds have 2 sides, the scared one and the one that recognizes the thoughts are all bs. Have you taken any supplements? St. John’s Wort has helped me immensely, I’ve brought it up a few times in this thread and I probably sound like an advertisement but I swear it’s a godsend lol

Happy Halloween hope everyone is somewhat enjoying today, I love Halloween so thought i'd drop by and say hello! Hope everyone's doing okay!!!