Hello! My mom has been diagnosed with fibroadenoma. Is there anybody who could tell me more about it, and how dangerous it is. I am very concerned. Thank you very much!!!!

Hi there! I know how you may feel, my best friend was also diagnosed with one. I was as concerned as you are, but it’s not like it is a real cancer. Fibroadenoma is actually a benign (non-cancerous) solid lump of tissue. It is believed to result from increased sensitivity to the female hormone oestrogen. It is usually smooth to the touch and moves easily under the skin. A fibroadenoma may be painless, or it can also be tender and painful. They are very common and a person may have more than one and are usually found in younger women. Their size is about 1-3cm, but they can grow bigger than 5 cm. Fibroadenoma can get bigger or they can get smaller or even disappear. Treatment is usually not needed, but in some occasions they can be removed. Now, you see, it is not that much of a big deal as you thought at first, right?

I dont know if what i have is that....how can i find out?? Like there is a lil lup undre my skin...and i am 14...so what should i do?? should i go see a doctor?? its not cancer right?? i just hope not....it hurts when u feel it....and today....i was trying to feel it..and this liquid thingy came out?? is that normal?? plz help.....WHAT SHOULD I DO???

Okay, firstly well done EVERYONE for being aware of any changes. Secondly, DON'T panic - be sensible. Go and see your GP Doctor NOW. They see all things all the time so they will refer you to a specialist GP or hospital clinic. Then ask with your LIST of questions all the things you want to know and they can reassure you DON'T leave until you are feeling reassured that your worries and concerns will be dealt with. Hope it all was successful. A1

hai , my wife is having fibroadinoma in left breast in her 6th month of pregnency... the FNAC report says
MICROSCOPIC EXAMINATION :

several cohesive clusters of ductal cells
plenty of bare nuclei
many stromal fragments
and
DIAGNOSIS:says ,
,Breast lump, suggestive of firoadenoma ..what it MEANS? some one help me.....pls