Hi, I must ask something. I am 25 years old and I am African-American. I have been examining my breasts by fine needle aspiration. I have been diagnosed with breast fibroadenoma. Doctor has been following my situation and he said that removal is not needed! Can you tell me why that is? Should I ask for second opinion?

You should not be so hasty in judging your doctor. Fibroadenomas often have tendency to stop growing and even shrink over the time. If it is the case then it is normal that your doctor has decided not to remove it. It is tumor but benign. Surgery procedure carries the risk of scarring that could distort the shape of breasts for further examinations and mammography. If you remove one breast fibroadenoma one or more new fibroadenoma can grow. You can ask for second opinion but I think you should trust him.