Hi I was recently diagnosed with a fibroadenoma lump in my breast. It's benign and it's 1.5 cm. I'm 21 years old. What I'm wondering is how dangerous is it if I just leave it there and don't get it removed? What types of dangers are there? ex: if i leave it there how likely is it it could turn cancerous? (no breast cancer history in my family) or how likely is it to grow? and if it grows is it a lot more dangerous? If i wanted to have it removed has anyone ever heard of someone that had a fibroadenoma removed and an augmentation done in the same surgery? (same doctor or maybe a different doctor came in and switched places and performed the augmentation) let me know! thanks! :-D

Hi there, my understanding is that it is probably not something that you should have removed but have you talked to your doctor about htis? Everyone's risk factors are different and a doctor who has your full medical history should know best. Have you talked to a doctor about it? Let me know.