I am interested in to hear if malignant cancers lumps are soft or hard? I am not sure if it can even be generalized as that. I have no reasons to worry, but think that should be informed. I’m especially interested in symptoms of breast cancer, when the lump can be palpitated, does it use to be hard or soft? What is the difference among these types of malignant tissue, beside the consistence? Thanks.

Well, as I read, the malignant breast lumps are usually hard, but that can not be established as a rule. Any lump is cause of concern, especially in the older age. By special investigations it can be confirmed if the lump is cystic or solid, aspiration or biopsy is done and the material is sent to the laboratory. Non- proliferative cysts are usually benign and usually without risk of possibility of further cancer. Otherwise, soft, benign breast cysts very often mean the increased risk of breast cancer. Number of abnormal cells found in the sample is more typical for malignant, and proliferative, but normal cells are still dangerous, but less.

Ummmm, no.

Malignant tumors have less "stroma" (connective tissue, blood vessels, etc) and should therefore feel softer than benign tumors/neoplasms.

Yes, any lump is important. But there is a difference in texture. If something is rock solid, it means it is confined to a specific area and has not metastasized (spread) to nearby tissue. Still, a common person without lots of "hands-on" experience is hardly qualified to figure out whether what they're feeling is hard or soft. As soon as you feel something, go to the doctor. If it's anything of concer, they'll send you to a board certified oncologist.

-Ashkan H.

I have a lump of some sorts that is giving me pain in the musel when I go for a run and biking! it's sticks out on my right hip!

If It is hard I have been told it is a cyst. I have a rock hard lump on my scalp and on on my gentlemans region (not the head) I have had it before so I am not to worried my self about them. I have had no symptoms suchs as headaches etc. I am seeing a DR this week sometime though and will post what they say.

PS I know my hard lump on my scalp is a cyst because it used to have a horn before I accidently popped it after a scratching session. puss came out then blood afterwards same as down stairs I squeezed it last night as i was examining it and stringy white toothpaste came out. I was also told it cold just be the start of a cystic pimple as they can start below the surface and take some time to develop a white head. 

Hope this helps if in doubt when you get a lump take my advise see your GP. I am definetly  sure i just have a cyst as it appeared when i was very stressed recently. Not saying the two are linked but I have heard they can be. fyi I am only 22.