Hi, I have a question about flaxseed oil. A friend of mine has told me that this oil is very healthy. But, when I ask her why is flaxseed oil healthy, she can't explain. I didn't hear anyone else of my friends is using it, so I don't have anyone else to talk to about this. Can someone explain why is flaxseed oil used for? How can it be combined in nutrition?

Hi, flaxseed oil is oil derived from flaxseeds. The basic advantage of flaxseed oil is that it contains omega 3 alpha-linolenic acid. This is an essential fatty acid that our body doesn't produce, but needs to stay healthy. There are some researches who say that the use of flaxseed oil can improve our overall heath. On the other hand, some scientists argue that flaxseed oil doesn't contain nearly enough of the essential fatty acids and that it cannot replace fish meat. This oil has without a doubt a nutritional value, but maybe it is not as high as your friend says. The flaxseed oil can be used as it is or as a supplement. I would say that you should talk to your doctor and a nutritionist about the flaxseed oil. They will be able to provide better information about this issue.