Okay I have a question for the past 2 days I have fluttering and twitching in my lower stomach near my uterus. I shouldnt be pregnant b/c I had my tubes tied over a year ago. Can anyone help me figure out what it could be??

Hi hon: When was your last period? Even though you had your tubes done, you can STILL get pregnant. Women have become pregnant even after a partial hysterectomy!!!! o.O It more than likely isn't that, just gas, but lets check out the dates 1st.

You could have experienced some harmless involuntary muscle twitching in the lower abdomen. Tubal ligation reportedly has a pregnancy prevention success rate of 99% during the first year. But then, there is still the other 1% to worry about.

My last one was last month on the 7th so I am not due until this week...I think I might had a tubal pregnancy last nov. b/c that month was light for 4 days then 10 days later heavier than ever then stops. After that my cycle has been normal except last month there was no heaviness which I do have at least one or two in a cycle.

So do you think that you had a tubal pregnancy that lead to a miscarriage? I'm sorry if I'm seeming a little dense but I just want to make sure that I fully understand your situation before I offer up advice. If you've had one tubal pregnancy, it would be unusual for you to have a second one, and very unlikely to boot.

HI: If you had a tubal pregnancy, you WOULD know about it!!! Perhaps you are starting to be in the 1st stages of premenopause. How old are you - if you don't mind me asking?

I am only 24 years of age I had to get my tubes tied for health risks from pregnancy. Yeah I know that would lead to miscarriage that is y I think I had one b/c of the unusal cycle in last nov. light for 4 days then 10 days later heavy. My doctor says it could of been tubal or cervical bleeding...after the heavy bleeding 5 days later I had horrible cramp like pains where I couldnt even move or walk. Which my doctor says it could be ovulation which I will not argue cuz that could of been what was happening. My doctor told me that i should still use protection with my husband b/c its not 100% which I know that but I thought what are the chances of me getting pregnant again with my tubes being tied unless she didnt do it correctly.

Hi hon: I just answered another lady who became pregnant after her husabnd had a vasectomey, I also posted this below

How Well It Works
Tubal ligation and tubal implants are not 100% effective at preventing pregnancy.

Tubal ligation
There is a slight risk of becoming pregnant after tubal ligation. This happens to about 5 per 1,000 women after 1 year. After a total of 10 years following tubal ligation, about 18 per 1,000 women will have become pregnant.2
Pregnancy may occur if:
The tubes grow back together or a new passage forms (recanalization) that allows an egg to be fertilized by sperm. Your health professional can discuss which method of ligation is more effective for preventing tubes from growing back together.
The surgery was not done correctly.
You were pregnant at the time of surgery.

I don't want to worry you, BUT if there is a chance of you being pregnant you need to know right away! So right now you could infact take a pregnancy test, it still is a LITTLE early to tell. But if you get the First Response one, I think it is 5 days before your period. Also it might be a good idea to get a doctor to check you out - with an ultrasound etc.

It could be just gas in your bowel!!!! You just never know, also I just wanted to add about your conditions after the tubal, that is quite common after a tubal. Some women wish they never had it done! I have 2 friends who's periods were TERRIBLE after for about over a year!!! You have already proved that you are very fertile. So it's best to err on the side of caution. Please let me know OK? Good luck hon!

Everyone keeps saying that you could be pregnant but i'm having the same problem and I have never had sex a day in my 17 years of life. What is this twitching supposed to mean for me???

If you look at out body's and just how much STUFF is jam packed in there, there is no wonder that weird things happen or you feel seomthing strange! Usually when you feel twitching, flutters, etc and aren't pregnant, thiese are usually air bubbles in the yards of intestines! Being women we are predisposed to having stomach problems - irregularity, upset stomach etc, from hormonal changes! So when you are in puberty these changes are even more pronounced - just like when women are in menopause! So as long as there is not pain etc, then this is normal! IF it is with pain, then it is best to get it seen to by a doctor! hope this helps!

a week ago a spotted was not suppose to start until today, no sign of period. i have been having that twitch also to th right at the top of the uterus area and it happens just periodically. my left tube came un tide about 6 years ago. what do you think?

Depending on when was your last period, when you had unprotected sex, and if you have regular periods, you could be pregnant! Could you give me the above information! and I can help you further!

My sister went through the exact same symptoms and now I have them. She said it came from Fibrosis or a number of fibroid growing in her uterus. She had to have major surgery and said the fluttering or spasm feeling is gone. I just started a job and don't have the time to take off work to have the major surgery.
There is no possibility of me being pregnant I have been celibate for over two years since my husband was diagnosed with cancer and he passed away. So no pregnancy is not always the answer to this annoying fluttering. Check with a doctor about possible fibroids

I am 44 years old and feel relatively fine but have had an almost constant fluttering feeling for over a week.  It is really strong now. I have an Mirena IUD. I have had it for almost two years. I know I have at least one ovarian cyst. I have been searching all over the internet for information and have found very little.  I saw a regular doctor yesterday who gave me an EKG that came back normal.  I will see on OB tomorrow (I hope).  My husband and I sit and watch my abdomen uterus area move up and down like a baby is kicking. So weird.  If you find out anything about this phenomenon please post. 

I am not pregant (for sure) and have a fluttering around my uterus area. I will let you all know what i find out after my OB/GYN appointment this week.