for the last couple of years on and off for a day or two at a time i have experienced a jiggling sesation in my upper abdomen as if there was something inside " ie parasite " it is visible from the outside and can be felt it is in no way painful anyone have any ideas

hi , i have read similar mails on this subject, and i'm sorry you are looking forward to a positive answer from anyone but i'm only joining in the fears associated with this. i have had same popping feeling/movement in my lower abs and i still dont know what it was. it started in july 2006 and few weeks later i was diagnosed to have ovarian cyst and so tought this could be the cause.this was removed 3months later but the feelng stayed on to my dismay. i would appreciate if a doctore can help us out with reasons for this or could one be pregnant and not know even after several hospital pregancy test?

I have been experiencing that same abdominal muscle spasm. However, I also get little random ones all over the rest of my body as well. An arm, leg, or shoulder muscle here and there. It's very strange. I also get occasional, but very severe pain in my abdomen between my ribs and my navel that radiates to my lower back. Have you had any of these additional symptoms ? Have you made any progress find out what could be the cause. I was also diagonsed with an ovarian cyst, but I know that is not the cause.
Let me know if you find anything out.

I too have been having these same sensations....anyone help???

I just started getting the muscle twitching/jerking about 3 days ago. I get it several times a day. Can anyone give us an explanation. I am a 36 year old male.

If you are reasonably slim it's worth considering that it is merely the pulse of your heartbeat travelling through the bundle of nerves (solar plexus) under your diaphragm i.e. just below your stomach and rib cage. I get this quite often and it is especially noticeable when lying down. I used to worry a lot until a slim nurse told me she had the same thing and it's perfectly normal. If you haven't got too much fat over your stomach area then it is easier to feel this sensation as the nerves and arteries are fairly close to the surface.
Also, trapped wind can sometimes be physically felt near the surface of your abdomen, like a ripple effect. Quite disturbing but again, nothing to worry about. Obviously, if in doubt always see your doctor but try to keep a food diary to see if certain foods make the symptoms worse.

Hi all. I have been getting the same muscle twitching on the right side behind my 2nd-from-uppermost-right abdominal muscle (the first big one, not the little pair above them). the spasms are involuntary, uncontrollable, and getting worse. they happen when i go to bed at night and these are their qualities:

1) not the abdominal muscle itself, but are visibly pushing the abdominal muscle around;

2) not in my digestive tract (i'm very sensitive to my gi tract and it is not intestinal or stomach related). it's too near the surface; it's as though it's directly behind the abdominal muscle and spans to behind the rib itself;

3) painless, but fiercely irritating and distracting to the point of keeping
me from getting to sleep;

and

4) they feel like there's maybe a quarter moon-shaped muscle attached to the inside of my lowest rib, and it feels like three distinct segments in that region are twitching arhythmically -- it is very much like an eyelid muscle twitch (i got familiar with those when i had bell's palsy).

now i have noticed it seems the more i focus on it and the more it worries me, the worse the twitching gets.

i also notice it seems to respond well after 5-15 minutes to two glasses of water (two glasses of water is an old trick for managing peptic ulcers).

i am a man age 27 so it could not be pregnancy (although my wife and i are expecting in two months' time). if it's a subconscious result of subconscious envy of my wife for having the honor of carrying our child, then it's no big deal; i just don't feel that is likely because my wife and i are very close and i feel very close to our pregnancy -- i don't have a reason to seek attention in that way.

i only worry because the twitching has gotten more intense since when i first noticed it. because of the intensity and the fact that i can't control it my biggest fear is that it is in the brain rather than in the mind or the body.

if it continues to get worse tonight (monday, 14-jul-2008), i will probably consult with a physician and see if i can score some cyclobenzaprine (flexeril) as it is a skeletal muscle relaxer and works off-label as a sleep-aid.

if anyone is interested or has the same symptoms or any info, please don't hesitate to e-mail me at 1d2a3n4@5f6r7u8z9z0e1t2t3i4.5o6r7g8 (remove all numerals).

Thanks!

I have had the same experience but it's on my right side starts under my last rib. sometimes goes to middle abdomin. This is Muscle twitches not gas. Completely painless. For you moms out there it kind of feels like when you where pregnant and you first felt the baby kick. like butterfly flutters, but this is not in a location of pregnancy for sure. I wanted to know how many of you with these symtoms work out reguarly? I work out 4-5 days a week and do not know if it could be from lifting weights. This has been going on for the past two weeks. I have been working out for over a year. So I am kind of worried as to what this is. I so far have found no luck in finding an answer. Have you?

It is probably just anxiety, as I have anxiety disorder and have had a few stressful events happen over the past three weeks. However, I have had a muscle twitch in my upper right abdomen, periodically, over the past three days. If this is caused by stress, I am not sure why it is isolated to just one muscle. I am starting to worry, as the muscle seems to twitch every ten minutes or so, for a period of at least 10 seconds. Anyone have any answers??

I have also been working out 4-5 times a week and have started having these "popping" sensations that did feel a bit like when I was pregnant and started feeling movement. I was hoping that it was my fat deposits kind of "popping" given the amount I work out and monitor what I eat. Wishful thinking on my part, I guess!

i just had an umbilical hernia fixed in february, and wasnt supposed to lift anything over 20lbs for a month.. at the three week mark Fargo flooded and i went sandbagging.. i definitely felt a wiggle or something that moved inside me.. i dont know if i reopened the wound or busted a new one open, but i am sure this is related. maybe we all have hernias...

Good evening everyone,

My husband has had muscle twitching on and off in most every area of his body since he was 17 and he is now 44. He has been to about 6-10 different nuerologists looking for answers and help. He was told that he has BFS or Benign Fasiculation Syndrome. (Not sure if I spelled that correctly)

I am not a doctor nor am I saying that everyone here has BFS. It may not be BFS for you. But this may give you a new direction to look in which will eventually give you the answers you are looking for. I hope this helps everyone here.

God Bless,
RZ

For the last several days, I have also been having muscle spasming in the right upper quadrant of my abd. directly under the rib cage- right around my liver. Sometimes I can feel it migrate toward the middle of my adb., too. The first night I felt it, I thought it reminded me of when I would feel my daughter kicking around when I was pregnant. No other symptoms, however. Not painful. What the heck is this??

i have that same fricken problem its so damn anoying.. i got it after i had a cold

I am a 16 year old girl, and I too have been expieriencing these stomach twitches. It's in the middle of my stomach right under my ribs. It's been going on for about a month or so now and it comes at randoms times usually once everyday or everyother day. It doesn't hurt at all, just feels wierd. It has lasted up to about an hour one time. I am kind of slender so it could possibly be my heart beat, but the twitching tends to be faster then my heart beat. I've been really confused as to what it is and kind of scared from some other things i have read about what it could be. Please help me if you can by giving me possible answers as to what it could be.