Hello. I'm 35 year old female and I was wondering could anyone provide me some facts about tubal ligation and pregnancy.
You see, about seven years ago I had my tubes tied because my husband and I decided that two kids are enough.
Like I said, the doctor performed laparoscopic operation called tubal ligation and he told me that this is one of the best permanent birth control methods. But, just recently I have experience some typical pregnancy symptoms such as missing period and breast tenderness.
Is it possible to get pregnant after tubal ligation? What you suggest I should do?

Hello. I have read your post and decided to help you because I know some facts about this. Your doctor told you right- tubal ligation is probably the most secure way of birth control but he didn’t tell you that there is still a small 1:200 risk of surgical failure resulting in pregnancy.
The problem with this pregnancy is that there is a great risk of developing ectopic pregnancy, because fertilized egg can not pass into the uterus for proper implantation. That’s why it implants somewhere in the fallopian tub.
This condition often requires emergency surgery. So, my suggestion for you is to contact your gynecologist immediately for further evaluation.

I am 29 soon to be 30. I also had a Tubal Ligation done 7 yesrs ago. I have missed my period last month and now this month...my breast have been very tender, My belly is larger and I feel like I'm gaining alot of weight, adn my eating habits have not changed. Could it be that I am pregnant?

Unfortunately a tubal ligation is not 100%, so pregnancy is possible. It is definately better to test and make sure =)

Wish I was pregnant...but i went to the doctor and no...I'm not. Good luck to you.

I am 31 years old Ihave had three children and after the third I had a tubal ligation done I also have a biocornuate uterus which is like having two uterus about a two weeks ago my breast got very tender and I feel like I am pregnate what are the chances of that happen I had my tubes cut tied and burned .[/list]

Again, NOTHING IS 100% effective, not even tubal ligation..So you could be pregnant.

It is important that you take a test.

hello

I was wondering if u can help I had tubaligatin done back in 1990 my g/f said you can get pregnant. I said your crazy impossible doctors said this is 100% not to get pregnant again.. I recently went to hospital with abdominal pain they did ultrasound and tran vaginal and said the muscle in my uterus was swollen dont know what that meant,, I am 43 and not sure if I can get pregnant I have clear fluid from my breasts whats that?

I am 47 yrs old had a tubal done about 14 yrs ago and now i have missed my period a week now. Could it be possible that i may be pregnant?

hi here's what i do know to those of you who wonder if you can get prgnant after a ligation
after a woman has a baby her uterus is very swollen and inflammed for a few weeks
like myself if you have your ligation done too soon, you run the risk of a ''hole'' being left after everything heals over and goes back to its normal size.
and if you're like me and your doct. leaves a longer length of fallopian tube then the tube can even lay against the uterus after it's been cut and burned and still re-attatch itself. if this happenes to the ones of us that end up with a 'hole' in the burned and cut tube then it is possible to have a successful pregnancy anyway. but it also puts you in a higher risk for an ectopic pregnancy
the best thing to do is never assume that any birth control is 100%
listen to your body if you feel and sespect pregnancy take a test and like in my case my hormone level was a little slow getting started so even though the first test came up neg. i still had no period and still felt preg. i re-tested and indeed i was. go figure i guess when it's meant to be it will find a way.

hi here's what i do know to those of you who wonder if you can get pregnant after a ligation

Hi, I had my tubes tied about 7 years ago, after my 4th child. I don't know if they were burned. I'm experiencing movement in my stomach. I took urine pregnancy test, which was negative. I haven't had my period in 5 months. With this in mind, my doctor said I'm in perimenopause. I am to take a sonogram next week. I don't know what to think of this. Looking for some answers please....

Girls Ihad my tubes done in 2000 after my daughter was born. Then later on in 2002 my son was born. They took my tubes out and found out there was nothing wrong with the job they did.

Hi

I had my tubes tied in 1998, they did it right after they took my daughter out by C-Section. I have gained a lot of weight (25 pounds) in the last 2 months. I get a period but it is maybe spotting for a few days. I"m just curious if there is a possiblity that after 9 years you could get pregnant???

if anyone wonders if you can get pregnant after a tubal...YES YOU CAN. i did. it was about three years after my first tubal. unfortunately, due to a clotting condition i am high risk if i get pregnant, so i got another tubal. sad to say, i didn't have PTLS after the first one, but i sure have it now. you know your body better than anyone. if you have any doubt you might be pregnant, spend the ten bucks and get an EPT at the drug store. you might be surprised.