I wonder if anyone experienced twitching in abdomen like me. Sometimes I feel it like twitching in leg and abdomen. Usually it happens when I have the worst menstrual pain. I wonder if that is normal for women during those days, or should I visit the doctor. If anyone was in similar situation I would like to hear explanation.

I have experienced something like you, but I think mine is even worse. I was unsure if it went with it on my own. It was scary experience and I was really worried. I had twitching not just in abdomen, but also in my head, neck, and legs. I even had it on the side of my face, my eyelids will even twitch. I didn’t go to doctor; I just wanted it to stop. Off course it continued and I still think if I should go to clinic and check about it. At the point it’s happening to me, I just lie down and rest. I have noticed otherwise it gets worse for me, so I found it as temporarily solution. I just figure it’s my body needing a rest, so I am trying to rest enough. Maybe it would be good for you to visit your doctor, and relief those symptoms faster then I will.

I'm having a similar situation right now.... it's about a week before my period, but i started having lower abdomen twitching after having a very stimulating intercourse.... it's scaring me that it's been going on for 15 hours straight... if you have any insight, let me know

i have been experiencing lower stomach twitches. Although it has not been consistent, it has been periodically occurring for a couple of days now. is something wrong with me? should i see a doctor. I have not had any sexual contact so pregnancy could not be the reason. %-)

Hi Ladies,

Get checked out for Adenomyosis - it's common in those where periods are heavy, those with endometriosis and gynae post-ops..

See your doctor, especially if you're planning to have more children... diagnosis is by intravaginal scan.

R

Hello, i have had the exact same thing just the other day. I had twitching in my lower left abdomen for 15 hours straight, from the time i woke up till the time i went to bed and then it stopped. i don't know what it is? also the next day i've had some slight/little pain in the same area. does anyone know what this is?

It's not necessarily anything bad, like adenomyosis. I'm a MAN, and I've had a painless quiver in my lower ab muscle (about 2 inches below the navel) for the past few days. I'm not too worried. I've had the very common twitchy eyelid before, and I think that sometimes muscles just twitch for no reason. If it keeps up, I'll see a doctor.

While I think that what you're talking about is true, if it persists you should definitely see a doctor like you're saying. In the meantime, I would try taking a little extra vitamin E. My understanding is that it helps quite a bit. Have you heard that before?

It could mean that you are ovulating. That is the same type of feeling i get around my ovulation time.

i have had twitching in my lower stomach since i was like 16 yrs old and it still twitches all the time. last yr i was diagnosed with uterus didelphys. its where a woman is born with two uterus's, two vagina's and anything that has to do with female reproductive systems. and i have 2 uterus's. u can look it up on the net for more info though.

sometimes theres like something inside me or whatever. but women should get checked out abt this topic.

I know this might sound crazy but..

Do you sit with a Laptop computer on your lap with your Knees up and the front of the bottom half resting right below your belly button. 

I have noticed when I do this I get a strange twitch in my lower abdomen, and sometimes my upper thigh. 

The twitching only happens when I sit with the computer on my lap. 2-3 hours a day 2-3 days in a row. 

I know that such devices put off electromagnetic radiation, and the human body is more electric than most people think. 

Could the computer be damaging or even just confusing the muscles and nerves in the general vicinity ?

Just some food for thought.  

I hope all Is well.

TwitchinTummy