I got my lisfranc surgery on 1/13/2011 and everything went well. I am almost a week post op and my pain is like a 2, but I put my hand kind of like in my splint and the top of my foot is very numb. I can feel my toes, and I can feel the bottom of my foot. Has this happened to anybody else? I pray that I didn't lose any nerve damage or anything. Is it normal to have numbness because of the stitches?

I posted here once before and nobody answered, so can someone please reply?

Thank you in advance.

Hi! Recovery from surgery to fix a Lisfranc fracture, subluxation, or dislocation can vary depending on the severity of the original injury and the stability of the fixation. Here you can read a story similar to yours
https://www.steadyhealth.com/4_Months_and_4_screws_later_for_lisfranc_surgery_t141815.html
I hope this helps.

I really just want to know if this numbness I feel in my foot is normal.

I woke up in the middle of the night with this pain in my foot. It wasn't unbearable because I was able to sleep through it, but now its worse. It kind of feels like my fooot is swollen and there's no room for it in the splint. Anybody has this problem? Now I'm not a doctor or anything, and I can't look inside the splint to say if its swollen or not, but that's what it feels like.

I had my surgery on 12/28/10, I still have numbness and I am told by my doctor that this is normal. That the feeling will come back, my foot is also still swollen.

i'm the original posted, I don't know why it put it up as a guest when I was signed in, but now i have another question. When I spoke to my doctors assistant she said that the numbness is normal after surgery and that if i had a splint i could try to loosen it and wiggle my toes. I have been moving my toes up and down a lot, I did it once and it felt like something moved in my foot, I didn't have any pain, so i know if it did move i would have had pain, but is there anyway possibly that I could have messed up the screw or the bones that aren't healed yet. I would hate to know i did and i would hate even more if i had to go through another surgery. my surgery was on the 13th, so its going on 2weeks this Thursday, also when i go to the doctors for my follow up.

I hope someone reads this and is able to give me a heads up, thank you.

oh also i only have 1 screw

i also had a lisfranc surgery but i have plates and several screws in my foot. i had mine about a week ago and i also have numb toes. my doc said the same thing to me and i have been wiggling my toes and kind of massaging hem and that seems to help... i read somewhere else that the nerves are usually the last thing to heal after surgery...its comforting to see that im not the only one who has had these symptoms. did your numbness ever go away?

i also had the same surgery 3 months ago and i still have the numbness in my big toe. did the numbness go away for either of you?

I had my liscranc surgery last week and i also have a numb foot. I can feel and wiggle my toes but the rest of my foot feels numb. I am starting to worry a little

Yes it is

My foot is d same