Please someone, respond to my post asking about foot fusion. It is NOT my toe, but huge bone spur on top of feet behind toes. Very painful and it is recommended that I have the fusion. It seems no other way to get rid of pain from lumps on top of my feet. It hurts to walk!

Hi I had a medial column (foot) fusion & bone graft on 26th sept 2012 and after years of chronic pain following a cycle accident and I'm amazed & encouraged at early results. As a health, fit & active 27yr old I found the almost daily pain interfered with day-to-day life. After seeing a few doctors following the original botch operation in 2006 following my accident and much mis-diagnosis, I was finally seen by my ortho consultant who said a fusion was my only option. I'm a few weeks post-op now and although a nasty bone infection has set me back a few week I'm encouraged and optimistic.
I'd love to hear your story, maybe help answer any questions if i can (I've researched fusion methods, post-op and physio options prior to surgery)