I had a subtalar tarsal coalition and posterior tibial tendonitis in my left foot. I had surgery 5 months ago to repair these disorders, but the doctor hit a nerve while doing surgery. The feeling has almost all come back, but anything touching this area of my foot causes pain and discomfort. I get these prickly, tingly sensations along with pain. I cannot wear any type of shoes that touch the top of my foot for any length of time without much discomfort. Will the nerve eventually regenerate after several months so that I can wear shoes again?

Did you find any solution? I think we had surgery about the same time. I had foot surgery on both feet in April of 2006. After one year, I am still in pain. Recently, it has been so bad that I have started walking with a walker. The surgery area on my right foot gets swollen and I feel like I am walking on blisters. I am looking to see if any one knows what to do.

Try footsmart.com. Or call 1-800-870-7149 and ask them to mail you a catalog. Elevate whenever you can..turn a trash can upside down and use that at school or work. Ice swelling. Put leg on pillows even in bed..The catalog has special leg supports. Insist on more or a different therapy. Then do all that they tell you to do.Get a handicapped sticker from your DR. so that you do not have to do a lot of uneeded walking. There are some meds for foot burning, ask for a podiatry consult. Stay off the foot as much as possible. When it hurts awful, rest and elevate. Call the DR. every day until you get the help you need or have the DR. refere you to PT/OT or rehab. If you need a scooter have him write an order for it . I am so sorry that you are in pain. Give yourself the time you need as some people do have complications or nerve damage that takes more time to heal.

MLS wrote:

How freaking long does it take to get an answer around here? Gee thanks for all the help. :x Guess I'll take my question to a different forum where intelligent people go so that someone can give me some sort of insight into my problem. DUH!!!

i have had foot pain for 4 yrs . plantarfaciitis , now they say tarsell syndrome. i don't know does anybody [ dr's] know . i sure hope soon . i had some kind of shots that deadend my feet today what next ?

Cortisone shots help sometimes, I had the surgery to release the Plantar tendon and a bone spur removed. I am a month out and still in pain. Toe has some nerve damage and is now starting to be a pain in the butt. I feel like my feet are on a ninety yr old person instead of a 50 something woman. .... Can't wait till things get back to "normal" Not sure if I would do it again.

Good luck with the pain. Hope it gets resolved!!!

Patricia Peters wrote:

Guest wrote:

MLS wrote:

Hi Patricia - i see your post is 3 months old. Is your toe feeling better than it was? i had a bone spur removed on my big and 2nd toe of same foot 3 months ago, and have been experiencing burning pain on the bottoms of my toes and ball area. Most painful wearing a closed shoe, even one considered good like Clarks. I am feeling desperate over it and scared to death if this is permanent. I also had a flexor tenotomy on the 2nd and 4th toe at the same time. The 2nd toe where I had the bonespur removed (upper left side of toe at joint) still looks like it's trying to heal inside as the incision area is usually blueish. All my toes turn purple/blue in the morning after I get up and get breakfast downstairs. Also they all turn blue (the undersides mostly) after a shower. I am scouring the internet for answers, coming up empty handed. I am also looking for hope. My podiatrist put me on Naproxen, then he's giving me some kind of nerve shot tomorrow, then will be prednisone, then Lyrica. Then, physical therapy, and then a neurologist. I regret the surgery myself due to this discomfort. I'm in my early 40's. I'd love an update on your foot. thanks!

Try shoes made by SAS, there are very comfortable with this problem.

Woah what a biaattcchhh

If you had screws put in at surgery, sometimes they are the cause of the sensitivity.

I had a subtalar bone fusion lead than a week ago and I have I think bad nerve pain on the bottom of my foot.I have a cast on which makes it so much worse because it is pressing on my foot.I had one large screw put in. Is this normal to havr this sensitive type nerve pain on the bottom of my foot?

Did you have a calcaneal osteotomy at same surgery?

It might sound strange, but I'm elated to find someone who has exactly my problem. It takes a month for a nerve to regenerate. I take Gabapentin and it helps a lot with the nerve pain. I tape top of my foot and ankle, nearly tight and it makes a huge difference in terms of standing longer and walking. I'm getting out!!! It is still very important to exercise, blood supply and muscle strength. Good luck.

I have the exact same issue. Had two bone spurs removed on the top of both my feet a year ago. My right one is 99% ok. The left one is terrible. Can’t feel most of my big toe or second toe, very bad nerve pain and tingling whenever I touch or scratch the top of my foot. The pins and needle like sensation runs all down my foot when hitting the nerves. The scar is also still sore. Very nervous this is now permanent forever. Or nervous the doc will say I need to have another surgery. Was off work for months. Nearly regret having it done.

Hi can you tell me if your nerve pain went away? I had 3 bones fused in my right foot and I am still having nerve pain . Thank you