Have been dealing with for 9 weeks since root canal performed. Have not been able to work and am on about 15 different medications WITH LITTLE TO NO RELIEF.. My neurologist said it was definitely from the root canal. Is there legal reprucussions that I can follow? Not just my life and income has been affected but my whole family since some days are so bad I cannot take care of my children...Please help---Lori

Whether or not you can take any legal action very much depends on how well were you informed before the root canal procedure about potential risks. Did you sign any documents before the procedure? Have you talked to the ones who performed the first procedure at all? And obviously, if you can get a legal advice and a certain confirmation from your neurologist, you have to pursue this. And I'm so sorry you have to live with the worst pain known :-(

I was never explained anything about or before the root canal nor did I sign any documents. I did go back to him 2 days after with awful full cycles and asked if he got all the nerve that something was wrong. He stated that it sounded like nerve trunk issues such as TN, but could no way be caused by the root canal itself. He did perscribe me pain medication 2 times before I could get in to see my doctor.--Lori

So he said himself that it sounded like trigeminal, bit just gave you painkillers?!? In all reality, how can it not be connected with root canal - I know I'm not an expert or anything, but what, it just so happened at the same time... if you can get a proper legal advice, do that, because it does sound like you do have the case here, especially when you take into account that no one ever said anything before the root canal procedure. And yes, the bad side is that he probably can continue to claim that "it had nothing to do with it". It really all depends on how good a legal advice you will get at the start. But, I wish you the best!