Hello, I am a (between 14 and 14 YO) Male.

When erect my foreskin does not retract all the way, it passes the head, and just about a 1/4" farther than that, but then it just stops. As if it does not unroll fully. I know for sure I do not have frenulum breve.

And if your wondering, my penis is about 6.5" erect and I am about 1/3 way through puberty (I assume).

Also, a side question, do all males (un cut) have a frenulm?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Guest,

It's normal for it not to retract fully up until about age 16 or so.  You need to stretch the foreskin so that it slide over the glans (head).

You can either get an erection and pull down on the shaft skin so the head spreads the opening OR use your fingers to spread the opening.  You don't have to hurt yourself but there may be some discomfort.  The more you do this the sooner it will retract.

FYI, the head WILL be very sensitive.  As it is exposed more it will become less sensitive.  This is NORMAL.

Hope it helps.

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age.

Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen. You are normal for your age.

Your foreskin is still developing. You can help it develop by stretching it. When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and let mitosis do its work. The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

Yes, a few males are born without a frenulum.