Hi. I was in the hospital and they have found out I have lung nodules. I took a chest x-ray. It looks like a round white shadow. What is that? Is it cancerous? Doctor said I may have TB, but I doubt that.

Hi. Lung nodules look like small masses of tissue in your lungs. Most of them are benign. However, some of them are maybe in an early stage of lung cancer. Benign causes of your lung nodules include hispoplasmosis, TB, lung cysts and vascular abnormalities. Lung nodules cause no symptoms. They also require no treatment, if they are benign. If your nodules have changed in size or shape during time, you have to check it out, and run through some tests to see if it is cancerous. I have a single lung nodule and I had a CT scan, PET scan and biopsy to check it out. I was really scared. Luckily, it was benign.