I have one question. How to biopsy a groin lymphoma?

A swollen lymph node is removed and then examined under microscope to see if contains cancer cells. This is called biopsy of lymphoma. Second, if biopsy shows lymphoma, further tests are done; these tests may include physical examination and blood tests, bone marrow biopsy (some fluid is removed from the bone marrow and examined for cancer cells), CT scans (x-ray for building up three-dimensional pictures of the body), gallium scan (short-lived, radioactive form of gallium is injected into the body, and outlines organs in the body when viewed with a special 'gamma' camera), PET scan (small amount of radioactive material is injected, which highlights cancerous areas when viewed with a special scanner).

Since newlun has explained the whole procedure I hope you were satisfied with the given answer and that it has helped you. Now, were you just interested to find out a little bit more about this or you were scheduled for this type of biopsy by yourself? Or maybe someone in your family? How did that go?

I hope that your biopsy (if it was yours) didn’t show any cancer cells and that your lymph node was totally clear. In case if it wasn’t, how did the other tests went? Blood tests? and what did your doctor said about the whole matter and what are his prognosis about your health anyway?

I hope that you will be just fine and that everything was negative, I mean tests.