My husband had lung X ray which shown nodule. Now his doc ordered biopsy to see whether is benign or malignant. Has anyone here already been in such situation and did such biopsy? Or perhaps someone who knows how this procedure work. I’ll appreciate any help.

Well most of those lung nodules are benign, but solitary chest nodules are considered potentially malignant until proven otherwise. Don’t you know what biopsy is? They will remove small piece of tissue, depending on the location of the nodule, needle biopsies are often performed with image guidance: CT, fluoroscopy, and sometimes, ultrasound . Those are used for nodules that are small and deep within the lung, or located near blood vessels, airways or nerves

I had one done on my tumor in mylung and it was not fun. They had to go through my back and into my lung. They used local anesthesia on it (lidocain) but you still feel it. It sucked. It took about 40 min in all because they kept pulling me in and out of the CT scan machine to make sure the needle was going to the right spot. Then i stayed in the hospital for only 2 hours after that, so they could monitor me. they did a few x rays to make sure my lung was fine. and then went home. It hurt the rest of that day and some of the next day. But im fine now. I lived. Gotta go through the crappy stuff to get to the good parts, like living your life healthy.