I have been experiencing insomnia, weight gain and fullness of the neck last few weeks. I feel pressure in my neck and have difficulty swallowing. I have not been at my doctor. I know that I should go, but can I get some information about what could be wrong with me?

Before telling you anything, you need to realize that you have to go to your doctor. He will be able to diagnose you and tell you if you have a thyroid nodule, a thyroid lump or an enlargement of the thyroid known as goiter. Thyroid nodules are very common and they are a swelling or lump. They can be a solid or liquid filled cyst or mass. Most are benign, but they can also be cancerous, however, the percentage of cancerous is low. Symptoms of a nodule vary, and some people have hyperthyroidism symptoms and others have hypothyroidism symptoms. Hyperthyroidism symptoms are palpitations, insomnia, weight loss, anxiety, and tremors and hypothyroidism are weight gain, fatigue, depression. Also, some people experience both, hyperthyroid and hypothyroid symptoms. There have been a lot of cases where people have difficulty swallowing, a feeling of fullness, pain or pressure in the neck, or neck tenderness. As soon as you go to your doctor you will know what is causing your symptoms.