I need to know something about generalized anxiety disorder children suffer from today. My niece was diagnosed with this condition, but her parents are not that eager to talk about that, so I am getting info like this. All I know that she was ok most of the time, but once in a couple of months, she had some anxiety attacks, which lasted for several days. Is her condition treatable?

It should be treatable. Generalized anxiety disorder in children is not that rare anymore. Symptoms of this condition occur once in 3 or 4 months, and they usually last for 4 to 6 days. The child shows anxiety, worry, restlessness, lack of concentration, irritability… There are therapies that could help her, but they are not one hundred percent effective. I guess that depends on the progression of the condition. As you have described it, your niece is still in an early stage, so therapy should work.