Hi, I desperately need some help regarding my daughter. She is out of control. I was able to manage her behavior up to a point, but now it seems like there is nothing I can do. Whenever I try to reason with her, she gets very hostile and tries to pick up a fight. She does not let me hug or kiss her. Few days ago she strangled our canary. When I asked why she did it, she said that she was bored. I have tried raising her properly and giving her the best possible care. Can you please explain what could be the cause of this attachment problem? My daughter is only ten years old and I fear what will happen to her later in life if she continues acting this way?

Hi, I believe that your daughter suffers from attachment disorder. There are many causes for these disorders. For instance premature births, alcohol abuse in pregnancy, separation from the biological mother are just some of them. However, the main reason for the appearance of attachment disorders in children is the lack of proper nourishment. The first two years of every child's life are crucial for the construction of the proper parent-child relationship. If baby's needs are not met regularly this baby will grow up to become a child with the sensation that no one will take care of her and that she is the only one person she can rely on. Your daughter's behavior is actually a sign of fear for her own safety. Because of this fear she feels that she needs control every situation in order to stay alive. All of the symptoms you have described are a sign of attachment disorder. There are a couple of methods used to treat children with attachment disorders. I think that it would be best if you talked to a specialist who will give you the proper advice for your daughter's case.