Hello everyone. My friend Jenna had quadruple heart bypass almost a month ago. She is pretty much OK now . Doctors told her that she should exercise a little bit because she needs to come back in her normal, ordinary life.

She called me today to ask me what is the best workout plan and what exercises she should do now. I told her that I am going to try to find out what is the best, so I am here :)

Can you tell me do you know workout plan post quadruple heart bypass?  It is important.

Tnx a lot!

Hey there Eric.

That is really sad to hear. Quadruple heart bypass is really bad thing. I agree that she needs to exercise. That is very, very good. Look, the number one cardio exercise is walking and there is no doubt about it. If there is one single thing that patients after bypass surgery should do, they should walk at least three to five days a week.

Weight training is also very good for people with heart disease. Maybe you can suggest her to try some aerobic fitness because it has a lot of benefits as well.  

Keep in touch!

Hi there.

I am not for exercises on the machines because I believe that you need a lot of effort for this. Classic aerobic is OK but I still believe that there is nothing better than walking. Long, slow walks are always my choice.

I was never walking before and that was a bad thing. I bought a dog and since I have a dog I am walking a lot. I have heart conditions as well so I know that walking helped me a lot.

I always say to my friends that they should walk. So that is my suggestion for her. Walk as much as you can. Nice recovery!

Hello friends.

Walking is OK, it is great actually, I agree. But there are so many good things that you can do, so many good workout plans after any heart bypass surgery.

It is very important to exercise because exercises are beneficial to your heart. But I would definitely suggest her to talk with your cardiologist about your exercise plan. I am sure that he is going to tell her what is the best workout plan because he knows her case and her health history.  

You can do some slow jogging as well but don’t run fast. Just slow.

Swimming is OK as well.

Hello everyone. I can talk from my own experience. I had quadruple heart bypass. I can tell you that I was so bad and I couldn’t move after this. I was in huge depression as well. I didn’t want to eat, I didn’t want to walk and I didn’t want to have any workout plan. This depression was the worst thing ever. So my daughter called doctor in our home. He told me that I need to exercise if I want to stay alive. He told me that I should swim and do some cardio exercises. So I listened to him. I am still doing cardio exercises and I feel so fresh.

The best is a fully monitored and professionally planned exercise program known as "cardiac rehab" which is available at most hospitals as a follow up to heart surgery. I'm surprised her doctors didn't put her in it. That was part of my recovery process after 6x bypass. It was prescribed by my doctor and my insurance company paid for it.

I don't agree with you there. I had 6x bypass and without it I'd be dead so I feel it's a pretty good thing.