Hey ladies (or gentleman if you know anything re. this subject)

I got my period exactly One week early, it was like spotting at first then came the heavy flow. I was in a lot of pain so it was like my normal period ... lasted 5 days etc. The only thing is, its now exactly 14 days after I began and today I had cramps and nausea. I got home from work, went to get in the shower only to find a darkish coloured discharge on my nickers. Im stressing a little as my stomach is bloated too.

If you can help with anything, it would be muchly appreciated. Its a tiny bit stressful when your body decides to do strange things like this :-(

Thanks for reading.

Myself and many other women that I know have experience this progressively strange problem after the age of about 38. You didn't mention your age however. I was told that this is call pre-menopause. I am way beyond that age now, but still not menopausal. I was told by a doctor that this can happen as early as the age of 30. Your period starts to go wacky......uncontrollable, extreemely heavy bleeding that is totally unpredictable. Check with your doctor, there are many options for you.

Hi Miss88,

Is there a chance of pregnancy or are you post-menopausal? As a woman I understand how erratic periods can be and are so contingent on what is going on around us depite popular opinion. If there is a great deal of stress in your life, this could initiate some bouts of spottiness. Also, as dsdesk indicated pre-menopausal symptoms can occur at an early age.

With a little more information on your age you may be able to get some better advice. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for the replies. Apologies for not mentioning my age, I'm 20. Since my last post I haven't had any more problems other then feeling extremely bloated all the time. Even after eating a little bit of food my tummy bloats. Bit weird if you ask me :-)

Thanks again.

Okay, at age twenty you are most likely not experiencing pre-menopausal symptoms that's for sure. Bloating after you eat is indicative of just plain gas or "bloating." What is it that you are eating? Are they foods that you normally eat? Sometimes if I am eating a long stretch of foods in high protein and then all of sudden I eat a huge salad, I notice significant bloating. Also, if you consume a great deal of carbohydrates at one sitting you will experience bloating due to water retention and the sugar intake. Maybe keep a food log or journal. That would help you to rule out any foods that do cause you to bloat. Best of luck to you. Keep us posted!

Thanks for the age update. No pre-menopause here, unless there's a family history of that kind of problem at your age. Do you have fibroid tumors. I do. As a result, my uterus is enlarged, which is pushing my organs (stomach) upward. When I am ovulating, I experience bloating and some stomach pain. Check on this. I am told that my uterus is the size of a 5 to 6 month pregnancy. That sounds big, but I am small in frame, so you wouldn't know that looking at me. This is just an idea. If you follow-up with a doctor, ask about the fibroids. I'm glad that you are feeling better. I hope these posts have been helpful. :-D

Hi Miss88:
Are you feeling better now? I hope that you sought out some medical treatment and testing. Were any of our ideas correct, i.e. fibroids, etc.? You are so young, I would really be interested in hearing what was going on with you, and so would other members I'm sure. I hope your stress level is much better now. I know that it will be if you've gotten answers. If you haven't please consider it. Please let us know.