Isnt it impossible to become pregnant 24 years after having your tubes tied? I am 47 no period for 2 months. Had a lot of personal stress so I didnt realize I skipped my period last month. Had some premenstrual symtoms last week but nothing. Even spotted yesterday like the dam was getting ready to burst. Is it possibly menapause?

Nothing is foolproof, but if you haven't had a pregnancy for 24 years after having your tubes tied then it is more likely to be pre-menopause

I don't have a definitive answer, but I am going thru the same thing now. Best is to get a pregnancy test...blood test

I've been experiencing the same thing. 47, tubes tied 11 years ago and it's been 2 months since my last period, with sporadic periods during the last 6 months. This is the most frustrating thing I've ever been through...not being in control of my body anymore. Thanks for asking the question. :-(

I am 37 years old..i had unprotective sex in Nov and although i had a werid priod in Nov and Dec i didnt get one in jan. i have never had an irregular period and i feel fine other then the fact that i seem to be suffering from indegestion. is it possible for a woman to be pregnant and have two normal periods then stop? or is this the start of menapause for me?
the

Hello my fellow pre-menopausal friends,

I've been diagnosed as pre-menopausal (perimenopausal) since I was 29. I'm 38 now. So far my periods are regular but every once in a while I'll "miss" one or have a long cycle or spot for 2-3 weeks. Fun eh?

Official menopause is not having a period for a full year. So start marking your calendars everytime you have a period. I've been doing this since I was told 9 years ago.

BTW, my great-grandmother had my grandfather when she was 49. 49! yikes. But if it wasn't for that late pregnancy, I wouldn't be here. :-)

So for those of you still wondering, there are really cheap pregnancy tests you can buy online (like at saveontests dot com. the cheapest I've found) and use one every few days while you wonder. That's what I do, keeps me sane. ;-)

Alvina1, I think you should do a pregnancy test. I had a somewhat normal period the first month I was pregnant with my baby. It'll help put your mind at ease. :-) Good luck

I am 47 and finally found the man i love known him for 8 years and reconnected after a really stressful marrage of 20 years what i want to know is he really wants a baby cause he never experienced the joy of going through pregnancy and birth which i have 3 times over lmao not so nice but he hasn't gone thru it and i want to take him there how hard is it to get pregnant and what chances are there that i will have a healthy baby after all this time and all the stress i went thru for 20 years i really want to give him this cause i really love this man and want to give him the joy and happiness a baby can give to any man who wants a baby i know he will be a really good dad i have had hot flashes but had never missed a period except when pregnant i am ovulating now so an answer would be helpful as soon as possible

age group of men getting menapause