Good Evening,

I'm a 30 year old married female with type 2 diabetes, NOT on birth control, but have not had sex with my husband in 4 months.

On January 2007 I started my period after not having one for almost 2 months. The first week of my January period was very light, then one night I woke up and I had a big gush of blood with clots. I bled very heavly for 2 weeks, in fact I missed 2 days of work because the bleeding was so bad. Then it stopped. I had about 20 days of "rest" with just a little spotting here and there.

Then late last week my period came again, and very light. And today I was thinking it was over with whtn I had yet another gush, and as of right now I'm suffering from mild cramps. I just don't know what to do.

Has anyone has something like this???????????????????? Please help,because 1 i'm tired of this and 2 I'm freaking out...

Thank You

Dear Peachyrorie

These symptoms do ressemble some I have experienced myself the past two years. I started to have clots and bleeding that could be described as "opening a tap" followed by loss of a big clot. If you have this, the cramps could be the clot descending your cervix as if they are big, passing them can be rather painful.
I was diagnosed with hormonal imbalance and fibroids (they make you bleed excessively sometimes) and got surgery afterwards to remove the excess of uteral lining (consequent to hormonal imbalance) that was giving me increased bleeding.
After that, my period got back down to 6 to 8 days with spotting for a few days afterwards. I had consulted after bleeding for a whole month. After another difficult episode in December (enormous clot), I started homeopathy and acupuncture. This was the best decision I ever made. My periods are now down to 4/5 days, regular and with hardly any spotting. I feel like I have my life back.
I would strongly advise you consult to find out what's wrong, WHATEVER it might be. I got myself eaten with worry at trying to figure out what it was. If you have fibroids, keep in mind that acupuncture can help and will help your body to be stronger and more regular (if it works for you that is, but it's worth a try). It might also be worth asking if anybody has some fibroids in your family, my sister had one and had to undergo a hysterectomy, fortunately at menopausal age.
Good luck, courage and if you still read this, good luck.
Regards
MLaure