I started having brown discharge one week before my period and it was supposed to start on the 18th or 19th and I just started last night really heavy so I put a tampon in and I woke up this morning, and there is no blood on the string. What's wrong with my body should I be worried??

Hi there

Bleeding before normal period dates is commonly referred to implantation bleeding. if you had unprotected sex during this time, chances are bright for a pregnancy. Let me give more info -

Actually, implantation bleeding is nothing else than a scanty bloody discharge of pinkish or brownish color. It occurs not in every woman and lasts normally just for a couple of hours. Nevertheless, in rare cases implantation discharge may continue for 1-2 days which is the major reason why it’s often taken for the beginning of the regular period.

If this was not the case [unprotected sex or pill induced bleeding], it is quite likely that you maybe suffering from dysfunctional bleeding. Again, here is more info for you -

Dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB) occurs most often before age 20 and after age 40.   

Teen years. Some teens have times of irregular vaginal bleeding. This usually gets better over time as hormone levels even out and the menstrual cycle becomes more regular. If you need treatment, your doctor may give you hormones to help regulate your menstrual cycle. He or she may also prescribe medicine to reduce bleeding.   

Reproductive years. Some women in their 20s and 30s have dysfunctional uterine bleeding. Sometimes it's because of abnormal changes in hormone levels. And sometimes the reason is not known. If your doctor rules out serious causes of vaginal bleeding, he or she may diagnose you with dysfunctional uterine bleeding without knowing why it is happening. Your treatment depends on whether you are planning to have children.  

After age 40: Perimenopausal and menopausal years. After age 40, women tend to have changing hormone levels. During this time before your period stops (perimenopause), you may not always ovulate. This can lead to irregular vaginal bleeding. You can expect this bleeding to go away on its own when menopause is complete. Your treatment options depend on your childbearing plans and how much your symptoms affect your daily life. Your doctor may recommend a wait-and-see approach, hormones, or a surgical procedure.

Have a doctor examine you. Good luck

I got examined and found that I'm 8 weeks prego but they say my levels are really low and I've been bleeding for five days now like an actual period and I've been cramping.. They say it may be a miscarriage but they won't know for sure until the next Gyno appt.

Take care and good luck

Thank you... It was a miscarriage.